New guy from Buffalo

Nismo400rgtr

Hello Everyone,

First I want to thank Tony for the warm welcome and giving me the initiative to join.

I'v been into R/C for 10+ years at least. Some years I was heavier in than others. I was all about cars/trucks until about 2 years ago when I purchased my first heli (Esky-HBK2) in a spontaneous purchase. It's CP and I couldnt fly it to save my life. I put it away and let it collect dust for a year before I decided to hop on board again. I began slowly with training gear and my stock esc burnt-up. Iv'e since stripped all the electronics out of it and will eventually get it going again. I don't have a SIM because my computer is too old and slow to run one effectively. Recently got an MCPX V2 seeing that it was cheaper to repair and easier to fly with an adjustable radio (DX6i).

Here are pics of my current Fleet all with various modifications: Ofna Ultra LX pro, Losi Eight Pro, Associated 18T Brushless, Losi Micro-T Li-po, Traxxas Nitro 4tec, Losi XX-4, Esky-HBK2, Blade MCPX V2. Nomadio React and DX6i

P5100384.jpg

P5100386.jpg

P5100384.jpg

P5100386.jpg

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Welcome to the forum. I see you like those 1/8th scales as much as I do. Too bad I dont' have the money for them lol. Hope to see some video of you airing them out here soon.

As for the heli, just let us know what we can do to help and we will get you in the air. The Blade mSR will be one of the best purchases you can make. it's like a real life simulator. As for not being able to run a sim, you would be surprised. You can turn down the physics to let just about any computer handle it. As long as you are on xp or newer. If you get RF6, you will be able to get online with us sometime and fly with the people of this forum. I'm trying to setup a time that we can all get on there now. Gotta love this hobby lol.

Nismo400rgtr

Yes I do Love this hobby!!!

1/8 scales were a blast when there was a track near me a couple years ago, but since it's closed they haven't gotten much attention. Shame because the 8ight is a beast with a .28 turbo engine! Now my attention is focused on the Heli's. I know a simulator is nearly unexpendable for a novice pilot. Hard to spend $200 on one when you can buy hop-ups LOL :). It's in my near future though...gotta bite the bullet and do it!

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Welcome to the forum. :welcome1: Nice collection of goodies there. Not all of us, including me, can fly CP well yet. I haven't got one uncrashed flight yet from mine :p, but thanks to the members and leader of this forum, I have been able to advance much further in 3 months than I thought possible.

Building your own heli will definitely school you on how they work. A good flight sim, and many hours of practice will help prepare you for real flying. The msr x and mcpx are very good learning birds.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Welcome to the nightmare fellow WNY'ER! I live in Alden myself! From Lancaster. I here you on finding a track. Have you talked to the guys at Fields hobby? There heavy onto cars there. I know they run cars somewhere in the area! I myself have a 3.3 T Maxx.. I get together with a friend on weekends and we iether run behind my house or at the soccer field in. Depew. I've got a few helies and planes too. Also I run a Traxxas Spartan boat. We. Go to blossom to run our boats. Let me know if you ever want to get together and play with the toys! Check out my posts and videos. I've got plenty of them on here in the nitro truck, boat, and propeller plane sextions. Anyways anything we can do for you let us know! Sam.

:evil::evil::evil:

Nismo400rgtr

Welcome to the nightmare fellow WNY'ER! I live in Alden myself! From Lancaster. I here you on finding a track. Have you talked to the guys at Fields hobby? There heavy onto cars there. I know they run cars somewhere in the area! I myself have a 3.3 T Maxx.. I get together with a friend on weekends and we iether run behind my house or at the soccer field in. Depew. I've got a few helies and planes too. Also I run a Traxxas Spartan boat. We. Go to blossom to run our boats. Let me know if you ever want to get together and play with the toys! Check out my posts and videos. I've got plenty of them on here in the nitro truck, boat, and propeller plane sextions. Anyways anything we can do for you let us know! Sam.

:evil::evil::evil:

Hey Sam, Thanks for the welcome and nice to see a fellow WNY'er. Small world eh?!
I can't believe I left out motorcycles from my interest list!--Corrected.Maybe we can ride sometime too though.

Even with our recent string of good weather I'm still totally focused on the Heli over my other hobbies currently :). I'm down to play with the toys sometime but I'm a total newb pilot. None of my Nitro's have been run in over a year but the Eight can be ready to go with fresh fuel and glow plug I'm sure. I actually just stepped foot into Field's for the first time in a couple years last weekend. I didn't ask them about where to run car's though. I used to go to a track out in Springville but it's been closed for some time. I live in Eden but I work in Williamsville. I'm originally from Brooklyn NY and moved to Buffalo in 2005.

Tony

Staff member
I have been to NYC once on long island in the town of wyandanch ny. This was back just after the blizzard hit in december of 2005. I will never go back there again lmao. The company sent me to jersey to deliver another load after I told them to keep me out of the NE. I brought the truck back to the yard, threw the keys at them and never looked back lmao. I like my slow paced life here in Oklahoma, that crap in NYC and Jersey is just too much lol. Oh, and you guys talk funny hahaha

Nismo400rgtr

Technically,three of the five boroughs are considered Long Island as well(since they're part of an Island-Hence Long Island),but for those that live there Long Island is like a different place haha. We call it the "wrong island" ;). Anyway,where I live now is pretty rural. While I do enjoy and miss NYC,I never felt I belonged there.I always dreamed of a simpler life,if there is such a thing,where I didn't have to worry about drug dealers across the street and people smashing my car while parking. I think I've found that now.I love coming home to peace and quiet and I don't mind the odor of cow manure. I enjoy the small town where everyone knows of eachother and I don't get woken up by people fighting in the streets and sirens going off. I'm in the type of place where I'd enjoy raising a family.I'll never move back to the city! I don't have an accent either. People tell me some of the words I say sound funny but it's nothing like those I'm sure you heard in wrong island. The women are especially terrible with the accents.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, I stopped at a coffee shop and holy crap, you could scrape the accent off the wall with a spatula lmao. but I know what you mean about quiet because that is where I live. I have cows in my field, I fly in my field when there are not cows lol, and it's just quiet listening to tree frogs at night. Upstate NY is the same from what I hear, and from what you and Sam have told me. I would like to come up there some day, but I doubt it will ever happen lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Oh come on Tony! I'd get you out on my DONZI and you won't want to go back till fall! Lol. What kind of bike do you have? I've got a 04 Yamaha v star 1100 Silverado. Well have to get together some time. I'm a little gun shy on the helis myself. I was all gun hoo last summer. I've crash my 600 so many times I can't afford to put her back together! Lol. The project iver got to finish up before to long in my f7f Tigarcat. She is 3/4 together. I have all the parts to finish her. I just got to get in the mood! Oh well.

I'm going to be starting a body project for my t maxx. I bought am F-650 body. Flames and a skull on the hood and the grin reaper on the doors is what I'm in te middle of planing out. Hmmmm

Nismo400rgtr

Oh come on Tony! I'd get you out on my DONZI and you won't want to go back till fall! Lol. What kind of bike do you have? I've got a 04 Yamaha v star 1100 Silverado. Well have to get together some time. I'm a little gun shy on the helis myself. I was all gun hoo last summer. I've crash my 600 so many times I can't afford to put her back together! Lol. The project iver got to finish up before to long in my f7f Tigarcat. She is 3/4 together. I have all the parts to finish her. I just got to get in the mood! Oh well.

I'm going to be starting a body project for my t maxx. I bought am F-650 body. Flames and a skull on the hood and the grin reaper on the doors is what I'm in te middle of planing out. Hmmmm

What's your DONZI?
I have a BMW sportbike that I purchased last year. I had a Suzuki sport tourer prior to that.Sounds like a killer scheme for that F-150 Body !

Nismo400rgtr

Hey Sam thought I'd let you know I found a track! It's a bit of a hike for you and not sure how willing you are to dirty your TMaxx. It's located near Holland speedway. Go to Glenwoodrc.com. Now I've definitely gotta get the Eight out!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I was going to let you know that! LOL I was at fields picking up my body. I asked them where A track was and they said Holland Speedway! LOL

Top Bottom