New groundPounder

puter

I learned a new term! :)

I've had cheapo vehicles before that would get up to about 5MPH. wheeeeeeee
Wife also got me an indoor mini-heli for Christmas since I am such a kid. Not sure, but I think she regrets that decision. :)
Okay, I am kidding. She likes how I enjoy my hobbies.

So, I have thought for a while to try out a vehicle. Looked into prices a couple of years ago and shied away.
Happened to see a post on craigslist for a couple of trucks and other stuff for $150.
Wrote back and found that a lady was selling due to her husband's passing.

I picked up:
Traxxas T-MAXX 2.5
Traxxas Slayer 3.3
Controllers, extra set of tires/wheels for T-MAXX, fuel, EZ-Starts, 12v starter, bodies, and a tacklebox loaded with parts and tools.

One thing that I did not get was a charger, so I ordered a Thunder ac680. This should take care of the 6v and 7.2v NiMH batteries that were in this score.
Also, the Slayer seems to be in excellent condition while the T-MAXX seems to have been pretty well thrashed. I have the Slayer cleaned up and it appears to be ready to start (once I get the charger in). The T-MAXX I am tearing completely down due to a couple of issues I had found.

I already have a place very close to the house where I am gonna run the Slayer and get used to it. Large construction where they have smoothed out a lot of dirt. Sweet!

Oh, and I got all of this stuff for $150.
Picture.jpg

Picture.jpg

Top Bottom