New Forum Member in Pa

MIGPILOT44

Hello all, new to the forum. I've been involved in all aspects of Rc for the past 30 plus years. Primarily I've been involved with planes but have dabbled with boats and competatively raced 1/12th scale and 1/8th scale cars. I grew a little bored with planes 3 years ago and jumped into helicopters. Being a self taught heli pilot the learning curve has been quite steep. I don't have much of a club locally so I primarily learn from the forums and Youtube videos. The RC Help video series has been a big help over the years.

I look forward to meeting you in the Forums.

Barge

Howdy Mig, your 1/8th scale forays, were they on or off road. Bucket loads of advice around here on anything RC, cheers

MIGPILOT44

Howdy Mig, your 1/8th scale forays, were they on or off road. Bucket loads of advice around here on anything RC, cheers

I hung up flying for a little while and ran a lot of indoor 1/12th & 1/10th scale on road cars in the winter, in the summer I ran outdoor 1/10th and 1/8th scale on road cars. It was a lot of fun. However, it seems in the US road course RC racing is not very popular and keeping tracks open is quite a challenge. Your local track closes down and then you have all this expensive equiptment and naturally you want to enjoy it so you end up travelling quite far to race. The fun quickly went out of it at that point and unfortunately I gave it up.

I'm really enjoying my quadcopter and dabbling with aerial photography, something completely new and different for me. I also really enjoy the challenge of helicopters now, it can be quite gratifying if you resolve yourself to the fact that your heli will spend much more time getting worked on than flying.

Rc is a great hobby, there are so many aspects to get involved in.

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Mig! I as well did a LOT of racing and I'm trying to get back into it. It's a little hard though with my schedule lol. But, I have my Losi 22SCT that I would really like to put on the track. Just need to make it happen. Make sure to post up some pictures. I would like to see what you have!

:welcome1:

Top Bottom