General new dx8

gaurdian

Ok this might be a stupid move or might not be. I just started this rc heli flying a few weeks ago now I have a few birds yes I'm hooked bad,,,,and today I thought I'd go buy the dx8 and man oh man I'm lost it has so much more thing's and programming stuff but the main thing I got it for was the screen I can't see up close and the dx6i wasn't cutting it,,and this thing I can see just right so I bought it....now do I put in the new ar8000 and telemetry or not? don't know much about the telemetry but going to read up on it...or just keep the old blade 450 3d stuff and if they just as good what's in the heli is ar6115e now so change it out or not?

SIXFOOTER

I have been considering the DX8 for exactly the same reasons as you, Old Guy Syndrome. I am also new to this and have several birds something less than complete and flyable.
I do know that you can leave your existing receiver in place and simply set up a model on the new TX with the parameters from the 6i and your in business.
You could also change it out to the 8 channel and add telemetry, I can see it being very handy to have your flight battery voltage available right there on the Tx screen.
I would just go with what ya have for now until you get some time in, then decide if your married to the 450 or something else. The 450 will last a while

Derek

The DX8 is a fantastic radio. I started with the DX6i, too, but I bought the DX8 because of the backlit screen, the rubber side grips, the extra channels, and the 3 position switches.

Your Blade helicopter will bind to the DX8 and you can setup the programming to suit your flying. No worries there. The AR8000 and telemetry are probably just doing to be "options" for you right now. Just keep then in the box for now until you find a model that you want to put them into or just sell them off.

Admiral

Hi Gaurdian, if it suits you better and you can see it better then it a positive move for you, take your time a learn all about it, there is probably no real advantage in changing the setup of the Blade 450 to the AR8000 unless you have a specific need for telemetry, myself I can't look away from my model long enough to get any meaningful information from telemetry. I'm going to try the Telemetry one day but at my level (sport/scale ) I can't see a great advantage although it may be easier if you received voice alerts using a DX9.

Lee

The DX8 is very similar to navigate as your DX6I, just with a few more options :)
Just load the 450 settings from there website and bind it to the radio.
The telemetry and AR8000 won't fit in the 450 anyway.
Most people use the Telemetry to measure engine temps in Nitro set ups or RX pack voltages etc. Not needed as a beginner and just another thing to worry about.
Keep it simple to start.

gaurdian

well a big positive note on the dx8 way by far worth it just the screen alone is worth it,, it louder and I can hear the warnings and the vibration is a plus also.....the sub trim is so much better by far a better unit well worth the price I'm on happy camper today....now to sell the dx6i I don't think ill ever use it again...

Derek

Yeah, the DX8 is an awesome tx. I'm glad I bought mine. The vibration notification is a big help. I don't use my DX6i, personally, anymore but I do keep it around so that I can do the buddy box. From time to time, my wife will fly with me. My Dad and my cousin have expressed an interest in flying and I've had both of them on the buddy box with me before.

SIXFOOTER

Man, I just went to Maniaks planning on dropping the hammer on a DX8 and they are out!
Watching a couple on Ebay now

Top Bottom