450 New Dfc Head

It is a little disappointing that they don't give you the Feathering Shaft or the thrust bearings in the DFC assembly kit. It is starting to get a little confusing I'm wondering if somebody can help me do you use the same Feathering shaft the one that is stepped down the AG NH 45021A or do you use the one that's the same size straight across a AGNH 45h006 x x. The dampers are a little shorter in the new head block that's why I'm wondering is it the same Feathering Shaft or not get directions don't tell you anything

ChopDrifter

sorry about the wait. Trying to remember what I bought. I think I got the Devil 480 Feathering Shafts on ebay for the Align 450 DFC?

Attachments

• Devil 480 Feathering Shafts.jpg
    Devil 480 Feathering Shafts.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 6
Those are the ones that are even all the way across on the instructions it shows the one that has stepped down on the very end they both take two different sized thrust bearings but one video says use the ones that you have and instructions showed the ones that I have I don't know which one

I am sorry it took so long here's a picture of it and the Feathering shaft is 51 mm. And here's a picture of the new swashplate. The DFC part number is 845 162 qn I think the letters is because it's blue. The swash plate is AGNH45h007 XX. And the stock feather shaft is AGNH45021A.

Attachments

• 1509159060150323947469.jpg
    1509159060150323947469.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 8

Tony

Staff member
The straight feathering shaft is the newer design. It's a little stronger than the one that has been turned down. But with that said, as long as your feathering shaft came out of a pro head, it will work in the DFC head. The dampers are the same size and the OD of the thrust bearings are the same size across the board. And the 450L and the 450 Dom use the same head, at least I think they do. I think they both have blades that have a 5mm root. I would put it together with the shaft you have and play with the shims and as long as there is no play, you will be just fine.

It's a little disappointed this is my first helicopter that I'm going through and rebuilding and I'm new to the Hobby I thought I was getting the newest parts. I searched all the media eBay YouTube everything pointed to that head being the newest product on the market and here it is already months old it just goes to show you that first it's strictly a business first then a hobby. If it wasn't for guys like you and this forum , guys like me would just be throwing money in a whole week after week on the trial-and-error method

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately there are a lot of shady people on ebay. Now days, it's just a fact of life. Pretty sad if you ask me. But before you buy anything, if you have any question, you can post what you are wanting to purchase here and we will help the best we can.

ChopDrifter

The dampers are the same size and the OD of the thrust bearings are the same size across the board..

The O.D might not be the problem, the I.D he might have issues with if he gets the wrong ones. The position of the thrust bearings also differs from the old dfc and new dfc.

Ronald make sure you know which bearings and shaft you are getting, other wise you might be in for a nasty surprise. Anyways I'll leave you with Tony as I think he had the old DFC head. Good luck

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. I have had all of the DFC heads. If the OP is going to order new feathering shafts and thrust bearings, just get the new ones. From what i can remember (long shot there, huh hahaha), the old and new shaft have the exact same length to the outside edge where the bolt seats. The only difference is the ID of the thrust bearings and obviously the turned down section of the shaft. But again, this is the old shaft and if you are making a new purchase, definitely get the new, non turned down shaft. They are not only stronger, but also easier to setup IMO.

You know I just want to get this thing running I'm going to go with the old style shaft because it looks like the new style is at 4 millimeter shaft so the new bearings in the blade grips that I just bought I don't think they'll work and it's just turning into a big old puzzle I am going to order the new head with the proper thrust bearing and find the right bearings to go in the brand new blade grips in the meantime I'm just going to use the old shaft to get it running

ChopDrifter

yeah thought so.... different sizes, that's why people called them the OLD DFC and the New DFC, they are different from each other not exactly the same.

The new DFC head block is better because it has a 3 point locking system to the main shaft and it uses bigger bolts on the feathering shaft and the location placement of the thrust bearings is more optimal.

Top Bottom