Chargers New charger

stokke

I'm selling off my charger. I have been looking at this baby: Hyperion shop

But it seems, it cannot be plugged into the wall (220V)?
Is this normal?

Is it common to have a separate power unit besides the charger?

- - - Updated - - -

What chargers do you guys have?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes on bigger chargers its common to have a separate power source. My B 8 charger has a power supply for it.

Lee

Yes only the little 50W chargers tend to have wall plugs. I have a 300W power supply for my Icharger. A lot of people convert old computer PSUs to work with there Chargers.

- - - Updated - - -

I have this one for sale.
http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_info.php/hyperion-eos1210i-p-802
Haven't advertised it yet.

stokke

Well that sucks. Having to pay a bunch for the charger, then another bunch for a PSU...

stokke

The GF got me a gift card for my biorthday, and the store carries the Hyperion charger :D

Westy

LEGEND
Those are Two Meaty Units.... Go For it..... I have only got a 150watt Turnigy 8 ... and built my own converted PSU out of a brand new 500W power supply. just waiting on an Aluminium Wire Wound 10ohm 10 Watt Resistor...... ($4.00) :)

stokke

Yeah, I will have to wait a bit to get all this stuff - I'm strapped for cash atm... Hopefully February.

Tasajara

I have the Hyperion EOS 0730i NET3 works great...They make good chargers, a friend has the one you listed, he loves it.
He's flying a Trex 500 so he is charging a lot of 6s packs
I also bought a MaxAmps PS 24v 47amp rated for 24 but does put out 25.4v. I have charged up to 11 batteries over 25,000+ mAh in 1.5 hr set it to 20amp output and let it go.

Most of your better chargers that have high charge rate 500w and higher use external PS, the lower wattage charges will have PS built in so cases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom