Motors New and Need Help

tc1707

Hi all im after a bit of advice i recently aquired a thunder tiger thats fitted with a pro70 bx engine. the prob im having is i cant get the engine to run ive had it started twice but it revved like mad now it wont even fire up ive set the idle screws back to factory tried them in and out still nothing i have notice a large collection of fuel in the exhaust any help would be appreciated

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey :)

I would check the fuel lines for pin holes, and see if your motor is gummy, or your carb is gummed up and fuel isnt getting to the engine. My hunch is that its leaning out thats why it was may be it was over revving when you started it and then it quit

. I am not a car expert but nitro engines are similar in working in different vehicles.. I'll let the more experienced car people chime in. :)

Recommend taking the engine apart and checking if the engine looks good smooth and gum free :)

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you have a 1mm gap when the throttle is closed in the bore. Make sure there are no air leaks around the head, back plate or carb. and make sure you have a good glow plug in it. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom