New and learning

Ni_2016

Hi all

I'm from uk and learning about RC Helicopters, Currently setting up my align trex 450L Dominator

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi all

I'm from uk and learning about RC Helicopters, Currently setting up my align trex 450L Dominator

Welcome Ni :arms: They're a few members here with the same heli. If you happen to run into any problems, this site will help you or at least point you in the right direction to get you up and flying :popcorn:

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! You have a great helicopter there, maybe not the best for your first, but if I can learn to fly on them, so can anyone else. Post up and ask questions when you have them. We are always here to help.

:welcome1:

trainrider06

hi Ni welcome! don't be afraid to ask away about anything!
Just be sure to post up in the 450 thread area though we might now see it if ya have a question!

Smoggie

Gpro is a FBL ? can you recommend me some FBL system with rescue ?

Yes, the Gpro is the flybarless controller (FBL).

The best value controllers today that have rescue and self leveling stabilisation are the Spirit / Sprit-pro (from Flybarless units - Spirit System - Tomáš Jędrzejek) or the new Brain2 which you can buy in the UK from RC-Hero: http://www.rc-hero.co.uk/Electronics/flybarless#/msh-m31/sort=p.sort_order/order=ASC/limit=24

trainrider06

IKon or the Ar7210bx both have bailout Ni.
Really I'd just use an AR7200, or the one you have right now. Although the BeastX (AR7200bx) is probably easier to set up, and
A better unit than the 3G system.
I wouldn't crowd your mind up with a more complicated unit right now anyway, and just concentrate on getting it flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the Gpro is the flybarless controller (FBL).

The best value controllers today that have rescue and self leveling stabilisation are the Spirit / Sprit-pro (from Flybarless units - Spirit System - TomᚠJędrzejek) or the new Brain2 which you can buy in the UK from RC-Hero: Flybarless
Hey Steve! Hope your well, was hoping you'd chime in here!
I always thought the regular Spirit for models 450, and smaller didn't have the bailout....only the spirit Pro which is recommended for 500 and larger.

Smoggie

Good point an the Demon (3SX), though it is a lot more expensive. FWIW the AR7300BX doesn't have rescue or stabilisation (and it's discontinued now anyway). The new AR7210BX has these features but you need to pay a quite large fee for the software update to enable them (about $100).

Ni_2016

trainrider06 very true first thing is to get flying i have looked into the ar7200+ and flight rescue or stabilisation systems but i have found something that could be better which are the naza H, dji wookong h, and Align APS Stabilising GPS Gyro i researched about those units some time ago but decided not to buy one yet until i get to fly the dominator first but i will eventually fit one of those 3 systems i would like to first have some experiance flying without one naza H, dji wookong h, and APS Stabilising GPS Gyro

Thank you all for your help and advise much appreciated :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

i have updated my thread in the 450 heli section on forum i need help with rudder

KLA

Those are all great units. The only problem with them is that they are very expensive. With the Ikon/MSH Brain you can have stabilization and rescue for around $170.

Last edited:

Smoggie

If you want GPS/altitude control the Skookum SK-720 Black edition should be on the list too. I'd give the Align APS a wide berth though. It's very obsolete technology by modern standards and I've read a few horror stories as well as seen first hand a big Trex 800 camera ship fall out of the sky for no apparent reason while using one (and not for the first time according to the owner). Also as i understand it it has to be used with Align's obsolete '3GX' FBL which itself is quite troublesome and no longer available anyway.

For the most part GPS systems dont appeal much to heli flyers because for the majority of us the fun is to be had by actually flying the heli. GPS systems are all about fully autonomous flight which is really missing the whole point of heli flying for most people. Different story if you want the heli to perform camera work or long rangd FPV or such like, but that's generally more the multirotor part of the hobby.

Last edited:

Ni_2016

Those are all great units. The only problem with them is that they are very expensive. With the Ikon/MSH Brain you can have stabilization and rescue for around $170.

will keep that in mind if i decide to change FBL, Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

If you want GPS/altitude control the Skookum SK-720 Black edition should be on the list too. I'd give the Align APS a wide berth though. It's very obsolete technology by modern standards and I've read a few horror stories as well as seen first hand a big Trex 800 camera ship fall out of the sky for no apparent reason while using one (and not for the first time according to the owner). Also as i understand it it has to be used with Align's obsolete '3GX' FBL which itself is quite troublesome and no longer available anyway.

For the most part GPS systems dont appeal much to heli flyers because for the majority of us the fun is to be had by actually flying the heli. GPS systems are all about fully autonomous flight which is really missing the whole point of heli flying for most people. Different story if you want the heli to perform camera work or long rangd FPV or such like, but that's generally more the multirotor part of the hobby.

fun is to be had by actually flying the heli. GPS systems are all about fully autonomous flight which is really missing the whole point of heli flying for most people
Thats why i decide not to buy one yet first learn, fly the heli later on test out the auto flight systems

Top Bottom