Prop New Addition to my hangar.

sarconastic

I went to the city today to Hobbytown and picked up another plane. An Ares Gamma 370 Pro. Nice little plane. Problem is the kit is defective. The vertical stabilizer is missing the molded in mounting posts and the tail wheel assy is missing. So I have to go back and get the pieces replaced tomorrow. 80 Miles one way. Plus I realized none of my batteries are right. Need either a 3s 1500 or smaller or a 2s and all with deans. gonna fix that really quick though. It is nice the kit came with two props one for a 3s and one for a 2s. Hopefully will be able to fly it real soon.

20140906_225058.jpg

Woody

20140906_225058.jpg

Admiral

I would take the whole lot back with me in case they don't have the parts and want to replace it with a different model.

sarconastic

I didn't want to exchange th4 whole plane since I had the main wing already glued and setup. But I took the whole plane back just in case. and when I got there they gave me the entire Elevator/vertical stabilizer/rear wheel kit, and let me keep the old ones. This way I have spares for when...IF I crash it lol. The piece that was missing from the vertical stabilizer is actually glued on, so I can transfer it if need be. I alos ws able to transfer the decals from the old pieces to make it look stock.

They were actually pretty cool about it. I also picked up an Eflite 3s 1500 mah and a new xt60 connector for it to match my stuff. I won't be buying many of those from there. $3.99 for a pair of m/f. I paid $5.99 for 5 sets the last rime I ordered them .

Getting ready to go fly the new girl here in a little bit. Waiting for the grandson to show up and go with me. If the NoPro is charged up I will post video of it using my dorky looking head strap.

Later

Woody

Tony

Staff member
The ones that you get at the store are genuine. Most times, the ones on the net are knockoff's which is the reason for the price jump. Much better plating on the real ones and the metal under the plating is stronger and conducts electricity better.

Good deal they gave you the new parts. Now, GET US VIDEO OF IT FLYING!!!! :rules:

sarconastic

I wasn't able to go flying last night, the wife invited the family over for a Sunday Spaghetti and meatballs supper, by the time we were done, I was too tired and too stuffed to fly. Hopefully will get her up soon.

Woody

EyeStation

Congrat's on the Ares Woody.
You will probably wanna dump the flimsy stock props and beef it up with something a bit stiffer. Those stock props are notorious for breaking in flight.
When you wear out that brushed motor, don't think twice about the brushless upgrade.
Do you have ailerons on that wing? Another priceless upgrade for this bird.
You will have tons of fun with this bird for sure.

sarconastic

This one is the Brushless 4channel already, didn't realize that picture was so blurry when I posted it. I will get a better one up soon. It is the pro version which is the Regular 370 with the 4 channel wing and brushless upgrade kit. Ares RC: Gamma 370 Pro Park Flyer Airplane I have already been looking at the prop. I have an APC 8x6 I am going to slap on there before I fly it. I don't care for either the prop or the mount, hate messing with the nuts. I like my compression cone mounts better.

Woody

sarconastic

This is cool. I emailed Ares about the parts for my plane and they said I would have to go back to the store. So I did as I stated earlier and they took really good care of me. Anyways, I got a notice in the mail on Tuesday I had a package that was too big to deliver. I forgot to pick it up until today and it is from Ares Warranty and inside is a new stabilizer with the tail wheel attached. And a complete landing gear assy bag that has extra rubber bands, Landing Gear, screwdriver, end link bands, Prop, nose cone and prop saver. So I got spares now lol. Only real problem is the vert stab they sent has the red graphics on it, but they peel off easy enough. 20140911_132439.jpg20140911_132453.jpg

I guess Ares re-thought the warranty process, but I am more than happy now.

Woody

20140911_132439.jpg

20140911_132453.jpg

Top Bottom