Never Get too Old to learn

carl

Everything seems more difficult today and everyone seems so busy, thanks to this site and others like it, and It is possible for some of us that have slowed down to keep up, kinda like running 25 miles with full gear, then slowing down just before the 'reception area' and letting everyone catch up, then running thru that area for the benefit of the 'newbee's' to see how fresh and gung ho we were...and those songs...I wanna be a Airborne Ranger, I wanna jump from clouds of Blue...." right..but thanks to everyone 'we' made it and now are still running ...just to keep up, thanks for everyone's time and patience. Good thing, I don't have to fly with ' reeds ' any longer. Thanks again for everyone's talent and willingness to share with the 'rest of us' (* I mean me of coarse ) Carl

Dirk

Hi Carl and :welcome1:

I must admit that I have no idea what you are talking about, but then again, I am dead tired. Maybe my brain fog will have cleared up tomorrow.

What I can tell you though is that Master Tony and the mods here have made sure that this is THE site to be on!

carl

I tend to ramble at times.. ( the first remote controlled airplanes that I had used "Reed" transmitters..)..the other thing was Fort Polk Louisiana. ..thanks again for the warm welcome. .Carl

Tony

Staff member
He keeps calling me "Master", but I'm just some guy with too much time on my hands hahaha.

Welcome to the fourm Carl. No matter the question, we will do our best to help out.

:welcome1:

Karubah

Welcome Carl. Another old bloke (or should I say age challenged ) here. I am new to this "sport" and I find it a great way to keep the old brain ticking over. The blokes on here are a great mob and very willing to help no matter what the question. We don't slow up we just do things carefully... lol:triumphant:

carl

I actually do have a question.. not sure how to ask it..but I'll try and if it's not appropriate, just let me know..I have a DX8 and am trying to program it to a heli.. I have all the specs for the radio to plug in, but I've read everything, watched Utube about the DX8..that Brother Tony did so wonderfully...and I still can't seem to make heads or tails of it..I'll be glad to attach the spec here or anywhere if anyone has the time to walk me thru it, thanks so much...Carl

Dirk

Hi Carl,

It is probably better to ask this question under the Spektrum or heli posts because more people will see it there.

I can run you through the programming if you can tell me a little more about what you want to do. Let us have the specs and get you programmed. What heli are you using?

carl

Bell 206L 4 Jet Ranger Scale R/C Nitro 50 Helicopter

JR 50 Mechanics

Engine OS Max SX 50

4 JR 531 Ball Bearing Standard Servos

1 JR 517 Ball Bearing Standard Servo

JR 900 Gyro

1800ma Battery for main power

Spektrum Receiver

Gem 2000 Battery Minder

according to the 'spec sheet.. – almost everything is setup 0 – 50 – 100 with a little expo on cyclic. not sure how to put the spec sheet on here? or if that's even ok..let me know..

carl

I tried to attach the spec file, obviously, I don't know how to do that either..gonna go cut some grass, maybe I can still do that, thanks for the help and the patience..As Always, I Remain...

Dirk

Hi Carl,

I had a quick look at the specs that you sent. Your interpretation of the specs is correct. Run a little expo on cyclic initially until you get a good feel for the heli. On your DX8, just go into the menu by pushing the scroll wheel and then scroll down to D/R and Expo. Press down on the scroll wheel again. The one that normally comes up first is Aileron. If you look three lines down, you will see Expo. Scroll down until you have the block around the number values and press down on the scroll wheel again. The block will start flashing. Now roll the wheel to the right to increase the value up 30 (as indicated in the spec sheet that you've attached. The numbers in the block will now display 30 30. press down on the scroll wheel again to stop the block flashing. Now scroll up to the first line that says Chan : Aileron. Press down on the scroll wheel again to make the block flash. Scroll one click to the right and you will see that it now says Elevator in the flashing block. Press down on the scroll wheel again to stop the flashing. Now scroll down to the Expo value again and press down on the scroll wheel again to make the block around the numbers flash. Once again use the scroll wheel to change the values to what your spec sheet stipulates ( 15 15 ). Once done, press down on the scroll wheel again to stop the block flashing and use the scroll wheel to scroll all the way up to "List" again. Click the scroll wheel to exit to the main Function list again.

Pitch is pretty much as you've said. Just follow the spec sheet. You may want to tweak these values to your own liking.

If you look under the helicopter help forum, there is a "beginner" help section where Tony has made some recommended initial pitch settings. It will give you a good starting point.

Something else you can try is to create a new "ficticious" heli model on your DX8 and play around in the menus to get to know the workings of the DX8. This way you will not screw up your actual heli programming.

That was quite a mouthful and I hope I made some sense.

What I really like about this forum is that you will get lots of help. This forum was my savior with all the good advice.

carl

Still Learning

Hi Carl,

I had a quick look at the specs that you sent. Your interpretation of the specs is correct. Run a little expo on cyclic initially until you get a good feel for the heli. On your DX8, just go into the menu by pushing the scroll wheel and then scroll down to D/R and Expo. Press down on the scroll wheel again. The one that normally comes up first is Aileron. If you look three lines down, you will see Expo. Scroll down until you have the block around the number values and press down on the scroll wheel again. The block will start flashing. Now roll the wheel to the right to increase the value up 30 (as indicated in the spec sheet that you've attached. The numbers in the block will now display 30 30. press down on the scroll wheel again to stop the block flashing. Now scroll up to the first line that says Chan : Aileron. Press down on the scroll wheel again to make the block flash. Scroll one click to the right and you will see that it now says Elevator in the flashing block. Press down on the scroll wheel again to stop the flashing. Now scroll down to the Expo value again and press down on the scroll wheel again to make the block around the numbers flash. Once again use the scroll wheel to change the values to what your spec sheet stipulates ( 15 15 ). Once done, press down on the scroll wheel again to stop the block flashing and use the scroll wheel to scroll all the way up to "List" again. Click the scroll wheel to exit to the main Function list again.

Pitch is pretty much as you've said. Just follow the spec sheet. You may want to tweak these values to your own liking.

If you look under the helicopter help forum, there is a "beginner" help section where Tony has made some recommended initial pitch settings. It will give you a good starting point.

Something else you can try is to create a new "ficticious" heli model on your DX8 and play around in the menus to get to know the workings of the DX8. This way you will not screw up your actual heli programming.

That was quite a mouthful and I hope I made some sense.

What I really like about this forum is that you will get lots of help. This forum was my savior with all the good advice.

Thank You, Thank You...Thank You...I like learning...have a Great Evening...Blessings, As Always...

Dirk

Only a pleasure Carl. That is what this wonderful forum is for. To help each other and share ideas.

carl

I'm learning that, along with lots of other things...Thanks again to everyone who enjoys helping others in whatever manner they can. Have a Wonder Filled Weekend...As Always, I Remain...

Top Bottom