Spektrum Nervous twitch

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi all, when i start hovering right from the beginning, my heli " Tarot 450/AR7200BX/ DX6i" twitches left and right, like a slow sneeze for about 10 seconds into the flight, it's fine after the 10 second slow sneeze twitch or Can it be the sensitivity of the tail rudder in the RX? Hope this makes sense without video, sorry about that!

Derek

hmmmm, would it be possible for you to share a video of this "twitch"? The video would help us to see what's going on. If you can simply upload a video to Youtube.com and then copy/paste the link in this thread, that would be great.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
hmmmm, would it be possible for you to share a video of this "twitch"? The video would help us to see what's going on. If you can simply upload a video to Youtube.com and then copy/paste the link in this thread, that would be great.

Hey Derek, I put my thinking cap on an did some trial error and the problem was my tail servo, i guess, went bad. I didn't think that would be the problem because i just install new servos all the way around so that was my last guess. I put the old tail servo back on and bingo, the bird is back to normal. I guess just because it's a new servo doesn't mean that it will work properly. I learn something new everyday with this hobby! Little heck-tick but still having fun flying. :) Have a good day all

Lee

Are you sure its the servo going bad? Or maybe it just needs different tuning?
Just a thought????

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Lee, what kind of tunning? TX or RX. I swap new servo with old and after 5 flights, she's doing fine so far. I would like to use the new servo but if you can tune it, i don't know how? Can you explain, please.

Lee

If its the same brand/model, then you are probably right that something is wrong with the new one.

But if its a different brand, with different speed and torque to your old one, then it could just be that it needs different gyro gain settings.
For example
If your old servo is slower than the new one, it would be running a higher gyro gain.
So the new faster servo will require you to reduce the gyro gain to make it less sensitive.

Just something to think about, before you throw away a potentially good servo :D

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I went back to the beginning of the set up for the RX and notice that the tail frequency was set to factory setting which is 50 HZ and it needed to be at 333HZ. The servos are the same brand and the first time i set it to factory setting with the old servo and it was flying fine til the twitch develop. Explain me that? Now with the setting at 333HZ you are right again about the Gyro gain. That change also and fix that setting. So far the bird is back to normal. The test will be in the morning when i have more day light to work with, but I'm still confuse on how did the heli flew with wrong HZ the first time.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I went back to the beginning of the set up for the RX and notice that the tail frequency was set to factory setting which is 50 HZ and it needed to be at 333HZ. The servos are the same brand and the first time i set it to factory setting with the old servo and it was flying fine til the twitch develop. Explain me that? Now with the setting at 333HZ you are right again about the Gyro gain. That change also and fix that setting. So far the bird is back to normal. The test will be in the morning when i have more day light to work with, but I'm still confuse on how did the heli flew with wrong HZ the first time.

Well it's morning and i thought i had it but NOT! Back to the drawing board for me. Still having twitching problem even after setting HZ frequency and adjusting gyro gain and still back to square one. I'm clueless for the time being. Taking a time out to regroup so if anyone has other suggestion, please do tell. I'm all ears.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
And this is a rudder twitch right ?

You are saying now both servos are giving the same problem .. Old and new?

Well, let's check it mechanically... Make sure there is no stickiness at all .. Things are not loose either

Then servo: the servo moves one end to the other manually with no power smoothly without so much as a click or grit in the middle .. Try going fast back and forth then going slow

Then let's check by going higher on gain. See how it does.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes it's the rudder and old/new servo are doing the same thing. The servos are moving smoothly,nothing loose or tight. I haven't touch anything beside swapping out the same exact brand servos. I took your advice and did the gain adjusting and help out a little but still their. For the time being I'm going to deal with it because after about 10 seconds the twitching stops and the heli fly's fine. Thanks everyone for your thought and hope to here some more ideas so i can solve this situation out. Have a good day!

Top Bottom