General Nervous 1st flight

concodd

So I took my JJPRO P175 for its first flight, did not really feel that I was in control so ended the session early. I was finding that on lift off there was a tendency for drifting without much stopping, could not get a steady hover so I guess I need to adjust something? Also found landing a little tricky a few heavy

Stambo

First mistake, don't try to hover, it is probably the most difficult thing to do. :)
Find somewhere with a bit of room like a football field and just go for it.
Keep going forward slowly, then you can see what you hit. :D
Use self level for the first few flights but drop it as early as possible, treat it like training wheels.
Use a spotter, even on a football field it can be hard to find a small quad when you have no idea where you crashed.
Landing is something you will get with practice, lots of it.
FPV is something to enjoy once you get over the initial nerves. :)
Good luck, have fun.

Derek

Stambo is absolutely right! He has been a vital part of my FPV flying. Starting in a football field, or other large field, is definitely the way to go. A spotter is also a good idea...besides, it's just fun to have another person around. As for hovering, via FPV....I wouldn't even bother with it until you are certain that your quad is set up properly and tuned. Then, you can take it up, nice and high, and try some stationary hovering....but in the meantime, I wouldn't even worry about it. Now....landing....this is gonna be a bumpy road until you learn throttle management (something that I still need to improve on, lol). You could probably take off from a "take off pad" (plywood, car floor mat, or similar) and then your landings....short grass is great.

So, just to recap....forget hovering for now, spotter, large field, short grass for landings (gonna be bumpy, lol)...but most of all....just have fun! Once you get past the initial nerves and you get more confident, open the throttle up and have a good time!

concodd

First mistake, don't try to hover, it is probably the most difficult thing to do. :)
Find somewhere with a bit of room like a football field and just go for it.
Keep going forward slowly, then you can see what you hit. :D
Use self level for the first few flights but drop it as early as possible, treat it like training wheels.
Use a spotter, even on a football field it can be hard to find a small quad when you have no idea where you crashed.
Landing is something you will get with practice, lots of it.
FPV is something to enjoy once you get over the initial nerves. :)
Good luck, have fun.
Many thanks for that, certainly a lot a different from my Phantom..

concodd

Stambo is absolutely right! He has been a vital part of my FPV flying. Starting in a football field, or other large field, is definitely the way to go. A spotter is also a good idea...besides, it's just fun to have another person around. As for hovering, via FPV....I wouldn't even bother with it until you are certain that your quad is set up properly and tuned. Then, you can take it up, nice and high, and try some stationary hovering....but in the meantime, I wouldn't even worry about it. Now....landing....this is gonna be a bumpy road until you learn throttle management (something that I still need to improve on, lol). You could probably take off from a "take off pad" (plywood, car floor mat, or similar) and then your landings....short grass is great.

So, just to recap....forget hovering for now, spotter, large field, short grass for landings (gonna be bumpy, lol)...but most of all....just have fun! Once you get past the initial nerves and you get more confident, open the throttle up and have a good time!
Many Thanks, pretty sure I will be back with many more questions.

Derek

I've been a member of this forum for many years. Yes, there are times that I take my questions to other forums, but in all honesty.....most of my questions always come back to RCH. You've got questions? This place is the place to ask them!!!

Top Bottom