Spektrum Neo?

Thanks Geena you're up early are you heading to the field I know we have like a 3 hour difference here it was 5 in the morning when I got your message and I'm already packing to go flying myself have a good day.

Geena

Staff member
Thanks Geena you're up early are you heading to the field I know we have like a 3 hour difference here it was 5 in the morning when I got your message and I'm already packing to go flying myself have a good day.

You`re welcome. I get up at 03:00 every day, even on weekends. But I am not flying this weekend, because I leave for IRCHA next week and I never fly just before an event. It a virtual certainty, that I will be rushing to repair a crashed helicopter. So I`m just going to relax this weekend, and play my drums and bass. :)

Cool being an ironworker I get up awful early to 3 to 4 every morning even when I'm not working my family kind of disown me it's glad to hear somebody else's is a Early Bird that's the best part of the day I try to tell people anyway I just sent my 450 in for a dirt nap not that bad of damage. I play the guitar to

Geena

Staff member
I`m an aircraft welder, so there is no real need to get up at 03:00. But I just enjoy it. I get up and go for my 3 mile run, then come home make coffee and breakfast, and watch the sun wake up. Been doing that since I was like 15, so it`s kind of embedded now...lol.

Sorry to hear about the 450. I hope you get it up and flying again soon. Wait until you start driving 700s in though...$$$$$$$.

Yeah I got the bug pretty bad right now I got 11 helicopters in a year and a half I think I'm starting to even out a little bit now but I'm going to make the jump to the XL power 700 Spectra and put Xpert servos in it and hobbywing ESC not sure of the motor yet. There's no helicopter people around where I live I thought a small helicopter was how you begin and I started with the worst helicopter possible the 180 cfx it's a monster after a hundred crashes or so. I read somewhere it's not for beginners hahaha. All in all for the amount of actual flight hours I have I progressed pretty fast. I was just trying to do tick tocks when I put the 450 down for a nap. Actually Tony from RC help put that one together and turned it up for me great flying helicopter.

Geena

Staff member
The XL power is a great helicopter. I know the owner/designer personally, and he listened to other pilots on what they want in a helicopter and produced it. Good choice in electronics too. As for the motor... there is only one choice. The black and gold. Scorpion all the way, at least for me.. :D Xnova also makes a good motor though.

Gina you know about the XL power helicopters can you tell me what Neo to run with a dx9 give me your 2 best choices I don't know nothing about the NEOS or the names or which one's better than the other. I just want all the good s*** that they offer without buying the V control transmitter.

Geena

Staff member
I`m a little familiar with the XL Power. I spent a couple hours talking to Ra, last year at IRCHA about it. This is the Neo that you want, if you are using any other transmitter than V-Control

Mikado VBar Neo 6.1 Express

The other Neo (the one with the antenna) is made for use with the V-Control transmitter. The one in the above link, has satellite ports, so you can use it with Spektrum.

Geena

Staff member
The Neo comes with what they call " express" software, so if you want the bailout, and all the other cool things you have to pay extra for them to upgrade to the "pro" software.

murankar

Staff member
Pro is like $100 but its worth it if you need all the extra stuff. Without the Vcontrol you loose out on everything that $100 gives you besides bailout.

Top Bottom