450 Need your advice

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Good evening everyone, I ran into a problem with my Sky Crane:sour:. As you can see both the main blade and tail rotor will hit and that's not good:dizzy: The angle gear box I got from the UK fits and had a belt with it. Not sure the length of the belt since it was already installed. I had to cut a 12mm boom to fit inside the fuselage which left about 3.5 inches of boom left for the tail rotor. I have extra tail booms no problem with that, but was wondering is there a belt longer than one normally for a 450 size boom. Would the belt for a 470 size heli work? If so I can extend the tail rotor boom to clear the main rotors. Only other recourse is to trim the tail rotor blades and that's the last thing I want to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220908_193615_resized.jpg
    20220908_193615_resized.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220908_193648_resized.jpg
    20220908_193648_resized.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 4

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Jim, what size are those tail blades? They look big in the picture. I'm wondering if you really need all that tail aera..... Hopefully one of the 450 guys can shed some light

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Can you get some kind of measurement off that 450 belt and add the distance you need or a guesstimate? A Gaui X3 or X3L belt might work.

buel williams

Good evening everyone, I ran into a problem with my Sky Crane:sour:. As you can see both the main blade and tail rotor will hit and that's not good:dizzy: The angle gear box I got from the UK fits and had a belt with it. Not sure the length of the belt since it was already installed. I had to cut a 12mm boom to fit inside the fuselage which left about 3.5 inches of boom left for the tail rotor. I have extra tail booms no problem with that, but was wondering is there a belt longer than one normally for a 450 size boom. Would the belt for a 470 size heli work? If so I can extend the tail rotor boom to clear the main rotors. Only other recourse is to trim the tail rotor blades and that's the last thing I want to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.
hey there James a 450 belt is 397t 470 is 541t I have a 470 upgrade belt that is 548t if it will work you are welcome to it.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
OMG that's awesome, thank you ever so much friend !!!!!!!!!!! I remember RandyDSok mention not to put personal information on this thread. He said there's a spot on the Forum for private communicating. Need to find it so I can send you my address. Fran11784 has a FBL unit for this bird and hope to have it's maiden flight this fall. Like I said earlier have extra booms so cutting one to lengthen that portion from the gear box to the tail rotor is a piece of cake :banana: Last night I had that thought on my mind "How to fix this ". I'll have some more photos next week of the progress. Made the water tank out of cardboard to cut down the weight, looks good and had to pat myself on the back :thumbsup: Thanks again to everyone for your input, it's really appreciated :peaceful:

RandyDSok

He said there's a spot on the Forum for private communicating. Need to find it so I can send you my address.

When using a PC ( can't say about a tablet or phone )... hover your mouse over the user's name and on the pop up that opens, select Start Conversation. I believe for the phones/tablets, if you just click on the users name, the same option is available in the page that opens but can't say for certain.

buel williams

OMG that's awesome, thank you ever so much friend !!!!!!!!!!! I remember RandyDSok mention not to put personal information on this thread. He said there's a spot on the Forum for private communicating. Need to find it so I can send you my address. Fran11784 has a FBL unit for this bird and hope to have it's maiden flight this fall. Like I said earlier have extra booms so cutting one to lengthen that portion from the gear box to the tail rotor is a piece of cake :banana: Last night I had that thought on my mind "How to fix this ". I'll have some more photos next week of the progress. Made the water tank out of cardboard to cut down the weight, looks good and had to pat myself on the back :thumbsup: Thanks again to everyone for your input, it's really appreciated :peaceful:
your belt is in the mail my friend hope it works. glad I could help with the build.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
When using a PC ( can't say about a tablet or phone )... hover your mouse over the user's name and on the pop up that opens, select Start Conversation. I believe for the phones/tablets, if you just click on the users name, the same option is available in the page that opens but can't say for certain.
Thank you, fran11784 called me to do the same. Was able to contact buel williams.

Top Bottom