General Need some screws,,,what sizes

sarconastic

I am looking on Amazon for a hobby screw asst. I am always needing replacement screws and stuff for hobbies but right now I have to find something for the V911 to hold the head on. I got the aluminum upgrade kit and flew it for about 10 minutes but the screw is stripped out. I need to know what sizes these are. found Pin tap with a tap plate and several screw asst's on Amazon not sure what sizes I need though, one is .7mm to 2mm would this work?

thanks'

Woody

sarconastic

That's it I don't know the sizes of the screws on these. I need a general idea of what to order. I don't want to order just one screw. I will order a 1000 pc asst or something like that.

THanks

Woody

pvolcko

Do you have a local shop to go to? They usually have a supply of screws and other hardware on the racks and they'll usually help you find something that'll work. I'm hesitant to tell you to go buy an assortment of hardware because I don't know anything about this heli and it's entirely possible the assortment will not have the right screw in it for this purpose. Do you have the manual for it? Often they include a parts blow up and list for ordering.

murankar

Staff member
Measure the full width of the head block where the jesus bolt goes, that will give you the length and be sure to add a mm or 2 so you can thread the nut on. then you need the size of the hole, maybe measure with you calipers if you have some, this will give the thickness of your new bolt. As for thread pitch does not matter as long as you have a nut to fit it.

sarconastic

I live 80 miles from the nearest shop so that is out. and I am ordering a drill and tap set as well as screws. So I am not so much worried about exact replacements as the same size range that I can always be able to repair stripped out screw.

I will just order some and see what happens. I always have some kind of project that the screws will get used for.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
You shouldn't need a drill and tap for the Jesus bolt. The screws should move freely with little to no play. The nut should fit the bolt.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

sarconastic

there are no nuts on any of the bolts on this rotor/head assy. The two bottom screws for the Drive gear and the shaft stop collar are through screws with holes though the shaft. But the very top screw that holds the head on is a dead stop screw with a flat spot on the shaft. that is the main one that stripped out on me. It would not tighten from the get go. So My plan is either to drill it and tap it to a little larger screw or make it a through screw with a nut. We'll see once I get the supplies I need. I ordered the stuff and it will be here Tuesday. Sorry don't know all the real names for the part. I need to find a diagram that shows the labels of all of them.

Woody

sarconastic

Brought my Digital calipers home and measured the screw that has the stripped out hole, it measures 1.3mm in diameter. So I will have to goto a 1.4mm or larger to make the head stay on tight.

Hopefully the kit i ordered has that lol.

Woody

sarconastic

Just and update, I order an eyeglass screw repair kit on Amazon and it had a perfect screw that screwed right into the old hole. no tapping and the head is on.

Only problem I can get it to hover now but it flies like a dog. everything is slow to respond and almost delayed. plus it starts to oscillate around in a spiral after a little bit. kind of like it was tied to a string from the ceiling and being lowered down. Not real happy with it. I may be putting it back to stock parts soon. Oh and the 200Mahg batteries are a no go like someone on here said. Almost need full throttle to fly the thing and then it drops like a rock if you let off. SO I will be sticking to stock batteries. Live and learn.

Woody

murankar

Staff member
I have nothing for ya on the flight stuff.

I am glad to hear that you got something to work for ya. Now just find out the screw size and order a bunch.

Top Bottom