Need some help

WillSr

The blade 450x comes out the box with the swashplate returning back to center slowly,is there a setting to make it return to center more quickly?

Tony

Staff member
I just now realized the Blade 450x is a flybarless heli. The swash returning to level slowly is just how those 3 axis gyros work. My 3GX does the same thing on my Align 450 Pro as well. I do have settings to make it return faster, but I'm not sure if you would have those options in the Blade 450x. Can you hook it up to a computer to tune the gyro? Or is the program set?

WillSr

The blade 450x comes out the box with the swashplate returning back to center slowly,is there a setting to make it return to center more quickly?

I'm not sure,I'll have to look into that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure,I'll have to look into that.

Tony

Staff member
I just looked through the manual located HERE and I didn't see anything. The setup they have in the manual for the DX6i looks good though if that is the Tx you are using. Have you tried to fly this heli yet? How did it do in flight?

WillSr

I just looked through the manual located HERE and I didn't see anything. The setup they have in the manual for the DX6i looks good though if that is the Tx you are using. Have you tried to fly this heli yet? How did it do in flight?

It flies really nice,I would just like to tame it down a little until I get used to it.I have the dx6i tx.

Tony

Staff member
Just read, if you are using the 7200BX, do not use sub trims on anything. Also if you want to tame it down a bit, lower your DR position 1 rates from 85% to 70% and add +35 expo. That will make it a lot easier to fly. But if you get into trouble, the controls will not be as responsive to pull you out of something quickly. But still a great setting for taming it down. Give it a shot and let me know what you think of it. Oh, and put about +45% expo on position 0 DR's. For some reason they have you using no expo and I think every one should use it. I'm using it on my Align even though I could program it into the gyro, but i would rather have it on the Tx. Let me know.

WillSr

Just read, if you are using the 7200BX, do not use sub trims on anything. Also if you want to tame it down a bit, lower your DR position 1 rates from 85% to 70% and add +35 expo. That will make it a lot easier to fly. But if you get into trouble, the controls will not be as responsive to pull you out of something quickly. But still a great setting for taming it down. Give it a shot and let me know what you think of it. Oh, and put about +45% expo on position 0 DR's. For some reason they have you using no expo and I think every one should use it. I'm using it on my Align even though I could program it into the gyro, but i would rather have it on the Tx. Let me know.
I'll try it tomorrow,thanks for all your help.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try it tomorrow,thanks for all your help.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Top Bottom