General Need some help with my Spektrum "AR8000" receiver

Giby1

I am attempting to put the AR8000 in a new plane I am building.
I am trying to bind the receiver with a DX6i.
Can I plug the battery into any port on the receiver so that I can use the bind port to bind?
When I do plug the battery into the 8000, I get a very short flash of light on the receiver and then nothing.
Could the receiver be defective?
Tks for any help.

Giby1

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you should be able to plug it into any port on the Rx and power it up. If it's not going into bind (and you have the bind plug in the correct slot), then either your bind plug is bad (it happens) or the Rx may be defective. I would plug the battery into the throttle channel. I just tested this out on an AR6210 which is a DSMX Rx, and it worked just fine to go into bind mode.

If you can't get it to start flashing, make sure your battery is charged and make sure your bind plug is making the connection from the negative to the signal prong on the Rx.

Karubah

Just make sure your wires are the wright way around. I think from memory the signal wire ( the white one ) goes to the bottom on the ar8000.

Tony

Staff member
Andy, the signal wire will go towards the label.

PeachFuzz, what was your post all about? Please only post replies, not a line of periods. Thanks.

Karubah

Not sure what you mean (towards the label ) I just had a look at mine and if the label is on top of the rx the signal wire goes to the bottom pin. I got caught before as it is the opposite to most other rx s that I have. In Giby1 s first post I noticed that he said he got a short flash and then nothing. I had the same happen and when I checked I had the plug in upside down. Reading this back, I know what I mean but dunno if any one else will LOL.

Tony

Staff member
Andy, you were exactly correct bro. I did the test above on an AR6210 since I couldn't find my 8000. Well, with what you just posted, I dug it out and sure enough, the ground on this one goes towards the label. Signal will go down.

This Rx has polarity protection, so as long as you did not move the red wire, yo ushould be able to swap them around and it should work. Again, my bad on teh polarity.

Giby1

Thanks Guys,
Just got back on-line and read your threads.
Will start checking.
Tks again.

Giby1

Top Bottom