Need Some Help, Wife Wrecked Her Car

Tony

Staff member
Well, I figured something would have to happen to kill this great year that I'm having, and sure enough, my wife crashed her car last night. She is fine, but the car is less than fine. She tried to rearrange the drivers head light into the engine. So, to keep this off my insurance, I'm going to have to fix this myself. Needless to say, a 2014 Charger that needs a new drivers fender, hood, head light, front facia, header panel and more is going to cost me a pretty penny. So i have to sell some things off. Starting with my FPV gear.

In the for sale section of this forum, I have the goggles, Tx and antennas all for sale. If you want a complete plug and play system just as I got it, hit me up and we will make a deal. I need the money fast since she can't drive this car in the shape that it's in.

Help me out guys, I really need it. If you are looking for some quality FPV gear, this is the deal you have been looking for.

Oh yeah, my quad is up for sale as well. And there will be other stuff real soon.

Tony

Staff member
And just to prove how serious I am about getting her car back running, there is nothing off limits that I will sell. Without her car, she can't get to work. She works nights, and she has to have two working headlights.

so with that said, everything from my planes to helicopters to my DX9 that I absolutely love, I will sell to get this money. Just hit me up in a PM and tell me what you want or need, and we will see what I can come up with. And lets not stop at Rc only, I have a LOT of other stuff as well. All you have to do is ask.

And just for clarification, I am not getting out of the hobby, I just need the cash to get her car fixed. As soon as I can, I will be repurchasing all of this stuff so that I can continue to have a blast flying FPV.

Lillyryan

That sucks man!! I'm glad she is ok though. If I lived over there I would give you a hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony

Staff member
Eh, fixing the car is pretty easy. New parts, just bolt them on and line them up. Just need to find the money for the parts so I can get the car back on the road. We are having to borrow a car right now which sucks big time.

Tony

Staff member
I can fix it cheaper myself than what the deductible is going to cost me. And, it keeps a claim off of my insurance which will most likely raise my rates.

Lee

Dude that sucks.
Glad shes ok.
I think you need to start putting some money away in a "disaster fund"
Every time something happens to you, you need to sell off all your RC gear.
Good luck with selling it. Shame I don't need anything.

Tony

Staff member
I do have money set back, or had. I try to keep money in there but every time I get it where I want it, something happens or someone else needs help and it gets drained again.

Just seems like I can't ever catch a break.

vimy

I do have money set back, or had. I try to keep money in there but every time I get it where I want it, something happens or someone else needs help and it gets drained again.

Just seems like I can't ever catch a break.

With all that damage you described Tony, have you considered any further underlying problems like the chassis rails out of alignment?

You may need to get that checked on a jig.

Glad your wife is OK.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The frame is fine. It was a low speed crash so not much damage. The top Raul where the fender bolts on is about a half inch out but I should be able to pull that out no problem. Then the rest is just replacement panels.

trainrider06

That cloud that was over me musta moved in your area....we have had one hell of a down hill ride here the last year and a half! Seems when you get stuck in that spiraling sink hole it seems ya are never gonna get out of it...but somehow it works out.

Tony

Staff member
2013 and 2014 were both horrible years back to back. I'm talking completely crappy. This year has been quite good actually. I'm not letting a small fender bender get me down, ish happens sometimes. The only reason I'm in a hurry to get it fixed is because my wife wants it fixed. And we all know how that goes lol.

RandyDSok

2013 and 2014 were both horrible years back to back. I'm talking completely crappy. This year has been quite good actually. I'm not letting a small fender bender get me down, ish happens sometimes. The only reason I'm in a hurry to get it fixed is because my wife wants it fixed. And we all know how that goes lol.

Hand her a socket set and a rubber hammer... mention how good of a bonding experience it'll be .. :lmao:

PS... be prepared to run just in case :)

Top Bottom