450 need some help here...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am looking at a crashed 450 clone.. I have had some issues.. Yesterday after 20 mins of trying to get the blades to track, they started tracking finally, but today, i had bad tracking again.. nothing changed, just the date.. lol

my tail had drift... lots of it... I was trying to get it to stay.. right side up was fine still, but inverted, it had fast and bad drifts... I have gotten very stable in tail in inverted hovers... my mcpx hovers a full battery inverted in wind... not issues. I know what i am doing.. i thought i was giving rudder input i let the rudder stick go, but still i had a lot of drift making it very difficult to hover inverted. did half a battery of tryong to inverted hover, then half battery of loops and rolls and stuff.. again second battery i tried, tail drift was still bad, trying to control rudder, decreased negative collective, lost a bunch of height, and didnt recover

who's to blame... well obviously me... but also.... the tail belt tension was loose.. looser than it should have been... and also I had flybar weights on, and all the way to the ends... then i realized(somehow i had forgotten) why m cyclic response was so so slow.. lol....

parts broken --- one fixed linkage, a pair of blades, and thats about it... lol... i crahed inverted, and thats all it took.. ill check the shafts again..

by the way.. HK fibreglass blades are wooden core.. did you know that?? i didnt !! haha lol any suggestions on how to reduse drift? i let my gyro acclimatize too ...

EDIT: Also my align pro... i got new align gears for the front of TT... replaced those.. checked the bearings, they felt ok.. I am not sure why, but now i tried to hover and it was giving me twitchy tail... it was baffling... got the tracking perfect, but the tail was definately a bit twitchy.. like not like sensitive.. but jerky ... i donno why.. i checked all gears thoroughly and all was good...NEED HELP in both helis please!! :)

Ok i think i am gonna keep editing till someone wants to help.. lol jk jk !! but anywaz.. i fixed the 450 last night itself... here is the real damage.. main gear(stripped), fethering shaft ( i hope it wasnt bent before flight.), changed the tail servo to the 329MG which i had recieved just yesterday. I changed the main shaft to a new one, just in case, the old one perfectly fine... replaced the broken linkage(which i did not know I had spares for) lol... so there.. Its upgraded, and ready again.. hoping it'll fly better. Ohh and i removed the flybar weights.. :)

Last edited:

Lee

1) check feather shaft. You can get it tracked one day then if it turns slightly and its bent, your tracking will go out.
2) i found with cheap gyros, they were fine upright but couldnt hold inverted for some reason.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Will I have to go 'big' ok gyro? Is there a better one (cheap). The servo that I put in looks good...

Today, I had one good flight on a battery and one bad flight (no crash but heli didnt feel right) I messed up the pitch last time trying to make stuff track and if had vibration in second flight, causing the tail to not hold very good too.

Top Bottom