ESC Need Reminding

Looking at setting the old man up with the YEP 120A HV ESC to go with his Goblin.
The motor that he has is the quantom goblin edition 4120-1200KV running the BK servos.
This is where I need help, I will also need a BEC wont I? Which means a 2nd battery pack too?

Slobberdog

yes that esc does not have a bec built in, so you will need to use an external bec to power the elects,

no you don't need to use a second battery you can solder the bec wires into the battery connector on the esc

Sweet! Thanks for that!
Ok just did a bit of reading about OPTO ESC's which the YEP is, and this is what I found:-
Opto-isolation (OPTO)
This feature electrically isolates the signal from the radio throttle channel from the ESC. Doing this can dramatically reduce the level of radio interference which can be created especially with very high currents. You cannot have both opto-isolation and BEC working at once in an ESC though quite a few allow you to select at installation which of the 2 features you want to use.

Can someone clarify for me please??? Sorry lost now.....

Lee

Just means no BEC.
Get a CC BEC Pro 20A.
Tis will sort out your power needs.
And I recommend a Scorpion Back up guard, in case of a BEC failure.
I have one on my Goblin.

Thanks Lee, that answered what my 2nd questions was going to be, what size BEC did I need.
With the CC BEC I can still wire it into the main battery?
Going to use a 6s 4500mah battery, can't remember the C rating, but that should all work shouldn't it?

Lee

Yes you can wire the BEC straight into the ESCs battery connector.
I have BK servos too, on my Goblin. My CC BEC is set to 7V. Didn't want to push them to the 8.4V limit :D

Sweet I think i will get the old man to set it up that way!
i know that he wants to be as safe as he can with this heli, and wants to keep it in one piece for as long as he can, and since I'm his test pilot, I want the extra safety features on there to limit damage as much as I can.
I will get the old man to get it priced up and off we go

Thanks for the help guys

Top Bottom