Batteries Need Helping Picking a Battery.... Questions about ratings, etc.

cpo

I watched Tony's video on Lipo Batteries Explained...and I think I am starting to grasp the concept...

I am building a 6S 450 Pro V2. I have the following motor:

Hobbymate HB2835L1
Kv: 2000rpm/V
Working Efficiency: >90%
Unload current:3.0A
Max current: 28A
Max Watt: 580W
Lipo battery: 6S/1p, 3S/2p

So, it handles 6S...and now I need a battery.

I found this one, that claims to fit under the stock canopy with no modifications:

Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh 6S1P 35~70C Lipo Pack
Capacity: 1300mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2V
Discharge: 35C Constant / 70C Burst
Weight: 215g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 106 x 34x 29mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT60

This nano-tech pack is designed for use in 450 class helicopters such as the HK450 PRO, TREX450 PRO, Rave 450, Beam E4 etc...

It fits the HK450 PRO perfectly without any modification necessary to the battery tray or canopy!

By running a lower KV motor (around 1700KV), you can achieve longer flight times and extremely high performance (when compared to a standard 3S setup) due to the increased efficiency of a higher voltage setup in your 450 class helicopter!

Is this a decent match for my motor choice? Any idea how this equates to run time?

If I understood Tony's video right, 1300 x 35 \ 1000 = 45.5 Amps. The motor is max 28 Amps...so I should be good, right? Are there other specs of the motor that come into play?

Thanks!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That looks like a good choice. You got it right. Battery is a great match for the heli. You can go lower on C rating, if it makes your battery smaller or lighter in size...

Flight time... That's dependent on flying and build and flying weight and what not. Can't comment on that.

But this is a good match. :) as far as I can tell. I haven't done this setup.. :)

I fly hard a bunch.. And 3S is more than enough power. I am not a pro but like to throw it around and punch a lot....

If you want real stability with power I would tell you to run bigger blades.. Like radix 350s .. But not needed .. :) (off topic) lol

Choose your esc carefully. :) read reviews and please don't cheap out on that.

As far as flying time... Fly like 3-4 minutes.. Bring it down, charge.. See how much you put back.. Less than 80 percent ? Increase flight time by 30 seconds till you do :)

Hope it helps

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Reactions: cpo
Top Bottom