250 Need help with tail servo and GA 250 gyro

mousie

Hey Tony, I see you had experience with this gyro.I have a EXI D213F for the tail servo and need to know where to set my gyro at for this servo type.They do not list my servo in the set up manual. How do I know where to find the us/Hz type?

heli-maniac

from what i remember they are 1520 65hz
but you really should buy a better tail servo like align 420m or 425m and they are 1520 and 333hz
alot better and faster servo

mousie

Ok guys just set my 250 servo and gyro up and had a heck of a tail wag.First used the default setting on the gyro of 1520us/70hz no luck, then went to the 1520us/333hz and seem to hold alot better with minimal wag.My only problem is it wont spool up enough RPM to lift off the ground. My pitch is set up ok but just no enough power.I am using my old batteries from my Walkera CB180z that are 2 cell 7.4 volt 1200 mah, is that not enough battery?

heli-maniac

your going to fry that servo set at 333hz
you need to adjust the tail gain to stop the wag
and what do you have this on will help

mousie

your going to fry that servo set at 333hz
you need to adjust the tail gain to stop the wag
and what do you have this on will help

Its on a HK 250GT. I tried setting different gains in my gyro but had no affect at all.Switch to different HZ and was able to adjust gain and see results.

Westy

LEGEND
Huh? are you setting your gain up in your TX? or in the Gyro? ..... should be in your TX. Does it wag with the HH mode turned off?

Tony

Staff member
As stated, put the Hz back where it was or it will burn the servo up. Then, reduce the gain in your Tx. As for not lifting off, you are running a 2s battery on something that requires 3s. Pick up an 850mah 3s pack and it will have much more head speed.

Top Bottom