Need Help With Rf8

ssschmidt4

Just bought RealFlight 8 and the ws1000 spectrum dongle and I also have a Dx9! There any videos out there to get this all setup correctly? I am having a hard time with mapping all the channels! The heli is doing crazy stuff! Haha!

Tony

Staff member
If you can get us some screen shots of your setup, or even better, some video of what it is doing, that would help out a lot in helping you out in this situation.

ssschmidt4

I am getting weird issues like a switch on my Dx9 is mixed with my throttle. I setup the new model in my transmitter as a helicopter but maybe it needs to me in acro?

Tony

Staff member
You are correct, most of the time you will set the sim up in your Tx on acro. The reason for this will become clear when you take a look at the channel mapping for your Tx. Speaking of channel mapping, I'm guessing that is where you need to head into and see what channels are doing what with a particular switch. Where is that menu on RF8, I have no idea lol. I need to get that version and play around with it eventually.

Tony

Staff member
Let us know how it goes. In RF6.5 which I have, you just select Transmitter at the top, then select edit and in there are multiple options to play around with. I would guess 8 would be pretty close to the same, I hope.

ssschmidt4

Yes it is like that. I am so use to Phoenix and this is my first experience with RealFlight and it appears to be much different! Will chime in later when I get it figured out.

ssschmidt4

For the most part, I have all the controls working properly! I need to figure out how to assign the switches for stunt mode and throttle hold like I have them on my real helis! For the most part the helis feel unrealistic (twitchy, too much collective pop, camera zoom is weird compared to Phoenix)! I did set it up in Acro mode and I had much better success. Just need to play with it more and get it all dialed in! Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom