1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Need Help With Rf8

Discussion in 'Paid Simulators' started by ssschmidt4, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ssschmidt4

ssschmidt4 New Member

Just bought RealFlight 8 and the ws1000 spectrum dongle and I also have a Dx9! There any videos out there to get this all setup correctly? I am having a hard time with mapping all the channels! The heli is doing crazy stuff! Haha!

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

If you can get us some screen shots of your setup, or even better, some video of what it is doing, that would help out a lot in helping you out in this situation.

3. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Posted in the wrong forum location for a flight simulator software question...

4. Tony

I didn't even notice. Moved to correct section.

5. ssschmidt4

ssschmidt4 New Member

I am getting weird issues like a switch on my Dx9 is mixed with my throttle. I setup the new model in my transmitter as a helicopter but maybe it needs to me in acro?

6. Tony

You are correct, most of the time you will set the sim up in your Tx on acro. The reason for this will become clear when you take a look at the channel mapping for your Tx. Speaking of channel mapping, I'm guessing that is where you need to head into and see what channels are doing what with a particular switch. Where is that menu on RF8, I have no idea lol. I need to get that version and play around with it eventually.

7. ssschmidt4

ssschmidt4 New Member

Thanks, will play around with it more tonight!

8. Tony

Let us know how it goes. In RF6.5 which I have, you just select Transmitter at the top, then select edit and in there are multiple options to play around with. I would guess 8 would be pretty close to the same, I hope.

9. ssschmidt4

ssschmidt4 New Member

Yes it is like that. I am so use to Phoenix and this is my first experience with RealFlight and it appears to be much different! Will chime in later when I get it figured out.

10. ssschmidt4

ssschmidt4 New Member

For the most part, I have all the controls working properly! I need to figure out how to assign the switches for stunt mode and throttle hold like I have them on my real helis! For the most part the helis feel unrealistic (twitchy, too much collective pop, camera zoom is weird compared to Phoenix)! I did set it up in Acro mode and I had much better success. Just need to play with it more and get it all dialed in! Thanks for the help!

11. Tony

It's my pleasure.