Micro Need help with my NANO CPX

I am a newby and just getting my first CP in the air (NANO CPX). I have encountered a problem that I need help with: I have noticed lately that when I first get ready to fly that the heli seems to cutoff (DX6I tx). I start again and it is ok to the depletion of the battery. (I have this problem with my MSR also, but never with my 120 SR). In the last few days it has been cutting off during flight so that it drops all the sudden. I had a flight this afternoon with no problems. But tonight the rotors will turn but it won't lift off the ground more than an inch, if that.... After a crash I had this problem before and got the advice to push the main gear up. I did this and it fixed it. But this is not the problem now. Any suggestions?

Lee

It could also be the motor dying. This draws too much current and it shuts down.

Maybe thats it Lee... I have noticed that the flight time with has been getting shorter. I thought it could be my batteries. .. Is there anyway I could check the motor without replacing it to see if it fixes it?

I probably have about that many flights on it... I wonder how hard it would be to change that motor? The heli is soooo small, and the motor is buried in there...

Anybody watching the Final Four? My team is long gone, but I am pulling for Wisc to win it... Though it wasn't my game, my Dad was a BB coach. He is 6'5"... How I ended up 5'10" God only knows.... Anyway...... I posted an update about my NANO Friday evening and was wondering why I didn't get a response.. Now I no why: Its not posted! Don't know what happened, but I guess it was the influence of my Friday afternoon happy hour. The only one I have of the week.... But I wanted to tell ya'll that I decided that the motor was the prob and looked up the upgrade that super bad told me about. i checked it out. Not cheap, but decided that I had to have it. So I headed out to the LHS on Friday afternoon, trudging through The Woodland/Conroe traffic only to find out that they didn't have it, much less the stock motor... Very disappointing!.... So I came back home and got out my neglected MSR and 120 SR and headed to the backyard.... It was amazing how much control I had with the FP helis. .. I have made it my mission to fly a CP heli and after finally getting the NANO in the air, thats all I have been doing, even though I was just hovering... Anyway, it was a blast to have so much control with the SR and MSR... Even my neighbor told me that I was better! Cool..... I ordered the upgrade motor. Should get it by Tuesday. I will let ya'll know how it turns out... Thanks for the advice!!!

If the motor upgrade does not work then what has likely happened is the bind chip on the board has gone bad... This can happen with a blade strike, it happened to me just last week when I was trying some loops and rolls. I found a guy is KS that will fix them for $25. I sent mine out last week so i hope to get it back this week. He has great reviews but I cannot speak from experience on it yet.

Appreciate that Scott. If the motor doesn't fix it I might need to get that guy's contact info. Let me know how he does with your heli..

I will keep you posted, I am hoping that it ships back to me this week. I too have ordered the brushless conversion plug and play kit and cant wait to see the results.

Replaced the motor on my CPX. That was the problem... Thanks for the great advice

- - - Updated - - -

Replaced the motor on my CPX. That was the problem... Thanks for the advice

Top Bottom