Micro need help with mcpx v2 issue

gr82av8

Hi folks. Recently had a mild crash and broke the boom. Bought/installed the extended length boom/motor and, since then, the heli will lose power in mid flight (especially during a tight turn or other moderately hard maneuver- or just in regular flight). It also often loses bind at startup when the main blades begin to spin (see video [video=vimeo;64197746]https://vimeo.com/64197746 [/video] ). It sometimes regains power immediately (only to lose bind again when the main blades begin to spin) or completely loses power and bind and I have to begin the bind process all over again. I have about 10 batteries each with about 30 or 40 flights on them. They all test at about 4.08v after charging and the problem exists randomly when using any battery. I did not have this issue before the initial crash that destroyed the original stock boom.

Contacted HH and asked if the extended tail boom could cause this and they said no.. they didn't provide any suggestions to fix.

I've tried jiggling the battery wires and other electrical components to see if there could be a loose connection and cannot replicate the issue. I have made no changes in the tx (dx8) settings.

I havent tried to plug in the old tail motor yet as it is at another location several hours away. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve

Tony

Staff member
To me, it seems like it's hitting the LVC (Low Voltage Cut-off). The batteries should charge up to 4.20 volts so if you are only able to hit .08, then they are not charging all the way. If you have a charger for a bigger battery, put it on single cell, use the alligator clips and charge it that way. Be VERY careful that the leads do NOT touch though. I have heard a lot of issues with the stock charger.

You may also have a main motor that is going out. These are brushed and the brushes wear out. According to what you say, you have 300-400 flights on that motor. If that is in fact true, then I'm going to say your main motor is shot and pulling too many amps.

I have heard of a tail motor pulling too many amps and shutting the system down, but it's VERY rare. If I were you, I would try replacing the main motor and see if that fixes the issue.

Also, I think you did, but a solid carbon boom is the way to go on these. They sell them and they are 10x stronger than the stock hollow tube. As stated, I think you got the solid one but you didn't state if you did or not.

Lee

+1 on what Tony said.
I'd go with the main motor drawing too many amps. I had the exact same thing.
Other options,
Batteries are dying
tail motor wires are shorting out.
Good luck

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Main motor ...

Just like tony and lee said mine had the issue too when I had it ... I replaced everything and then atlast the main motor was what fixed it lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
Is no one else impressed that he got over 300 flights out of that motor? lmao. I find that amazing lol.

gr82av8

Really appreciate y'alls help. Will order a replacement motor today (plus a bunch of other parts that have broken since this issue started). I fly like a blue haired lady drives, I guess that is why the motor lasted so long. I've had the thing for about 8 months and only recently started minor 3d stuff... I bought a Trex 450Pro 3gx at the same time I bought the mpcx with the hopes of learning 3d within a few months before I put together the 450. Silly me.....Make a long story short, I still havent put the 450 together.....that's my next project coming up very soon (Tony, Awesome video series on that.... it will definitely help me...many thanks).

Thanks again for the help....this is a great site with great people and I hope to be able to contribute in the near future.

Top Bottom