Flight Controllers Need help with interpreting epic Pixhawk crash

I took my Pixhawk up in June for the first time and for some reason, it took a hard nose dive and can't understand from the log how to diagnose what happened. It was flying great for a few minutes until the nose-dive. From what I could see, EKF_CHECK-2 error occurred but don't know what that is or why it happened. gps was spot-on for the duration.

I'd like for someone to look at my Pixhawk log but not sure how to upload here as it says the .log file is an invalid file type. If someone knows a better place to post, please let me know.

Thanks.

Admiral

It appears that you are not the only one with this problem, there is a huge discussion going on with several people with the same issue here.

It appears the it is mainly occurring with software version 3.2.

Hope this helps

Yup, they hit the nail on the head. That is exactly the behavior I was getting. I'd turn EKF off but they reported EKF remained on even after parameter was set to off. They have released a new firmware upgrade so i'll try again real soon.

After talking to a friend, the newly released APM firmware upgrade has really screwed up the GPS viability of the APM firmware. Based on that and general non-support, i will definitely abandon the apm firmware. when changes are made, those changes are not tested with their own vehicles... they expect everyone else to test with their $1000 multirotors and for that i say "no thanks".

I really don't know if can be turned off. found a parameter that seemed to imply that and when I turned it off, logs where splattered with EKF failures. I wish I knew where i could get direct APM support but haven't found it yet. but in any event, like i said above, i've abandoned apm firmware. selling my pixhawk for a naza. i'm trading rich feature set for confidence but what value is a great feature set if one can't trust it. lol.

WyDiablo

I found how to turn the EKF off but I also heard that it could do more harm than good that way. Just google "Turn off Pixhawk EKF". I might have to trade or sell my pixhawk and get a naza myself if I can't get this thing to working better.

Top Bottom