ESC Need help with Hobbywing's 100a V3 ESC

Dropz

Hello everyone, this is my very first post on this forum. I've flown RC Heli's (all Raptor's) since 2002 (Flybar & Nitro days) took a 5yrs break And now I'm back with a Blade 550x, but things are very different these days. FBL gyro's, BEC's ESC's... I'm pretty much setup and do hover my Blade 550x.

I have a Beastx and a Hobbywing 100a v3 ESC which is also a BEC that has 3 cables. My question is do I need to use all three cables. Right now I'm only using the Throttle cable. I'm not sure if I need to connect the BEC or the RPM cable. I have governor mode off, if I turn it on would I need to connect the RPM cable? I not really sure what the differences would be... I would greatly appreciate someone's advice on this. Thx!

Tony

Staff member
It appears the port with a P on it is for the program card and is only used when you are programming the esc. The governor I'm guessing is going to go into a port on the Rx where you will set up a governor switch, if you are going to use one. The throttle will obviously go into the throttle port. I think that answers your question. If not, let me know. And here is a link to the manual if you don't already have it.

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles/sx/file/Manual/HW-SM008ENG-Platinum-V3.pdf

Tony

Staff member
Forgot, if you have one marked BEC, that will go into your battery port on the Rx.

Lee

The throttle cable and the BEC cable should be plugged in.
Throttle to throttle and BEC to Battery port of the RX.
This provides a higher current to stop the RX from shutting down under extreme loads.
The RPM sensor cable is for use with FBL systems that have GOV capabilities.
The BeastX doesn't have this, so its not needed. But the Hobbywing ESC has its own very good internal GOV, so you can use that.
I have the 50A V3 and use the RPM sensor cable to my Ikon FBL unit. Works very well.

Last edited:

Dropz

The throttle cable and the BEC cable should be plugged in.
Throttle to throttle and BEC to Battery port of the RX.
This provides a higher current to stop the RX from shutting down under extreme loads.
The RPM sensor cable is for use with FBL systems that have GOV capabilities.
The BeastX doesn't have this, so its not needed. But the Hobbywing ESC has its own very good internal GOV, so you can use that.
I have the 50A V3 and use the RPM sensor cable to my Ikon FBL unit. Works very well.

Hey thanks, I fly with a Futaba 9CHP 2.4ghz. When I was using 4.8 batt w Nitro, they pretty much get pluged to any RX slot (normally 8). So should I plug that BEC cable to the open #8 slot on Rx?

Lee

I'm not a futaba guy, but on Spektrum, you can plug into any spare port.
I'm guessing its the same for Futaba.

Top Bottom