General Need Help with a High Torque System

Axel

Hello,

I'm Axel, a new member trying to build an electric skateboard. I am not sure how to use or even read the specifications on some of the parts I'm looking at. So far, I have a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor, 2 ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 45C I was planning on wiring in series for 10,000mAh, and a HobbyKing® ™ 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC. I know that if the Amps across the various parts are too high then bad things happen, and if they're too low, even more things could happen. I'm then trying to control it with a Hobbyking IOS & Android 4CH WiFi Receiver, through my smartphone. I know that the ESC and the Receiver are both made by HobbyKing, but would they still fit together and work? Additionally, overall, would this system work as is, or are there any improvements you could suggest?

Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (US Warehouse)
Batteries: ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 45C
ESC: HobbyKing® ™ 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC
Receiver: Hobbyking IOS & Android 4CH WiFi Receiver

Thank you and I appreciate any and all of the help you can give me.

Tony

Staff member
If you hooked those batteries up in series, you would get a 6s 5000mah pack. Wiring in parallel (red to red, black to black) then you would get a 3s 10,000mah pack.

Everything you posted is rated for a 6s pack. I'm sure you know this, but the higher the voltage, the lower the amperage given the same wattage. Lower amperage means less strain on the parts. I would definitely go with the 6s setup on this.

Other than that, it looks like you are good to go. Not sure how you are going to attach a sprocket to that motor, but I do look forward to the build.

SIXFOOTER

Sprocket, worm gear or drive gear needed to connect to whatever your going to use for a final drive. Most is not all of those use a set screw to attach to the motor shaft, which means you need a Flat Spot on the shaft. Look up an electric heli motor to get an idea.
If you use a round shaft and put the set screw to it, it will immediately deform the shaft and you will Never get the gear off again.
Looking forward to this to see what you come up with

Top Bottom