Spektrum need help on AR8000 issue

gr82av8

I recently replaced the elevator servo on my TREX450 Pro V2 with 3gx. I went back through the mechanical and DIR settings on the 3gx after installing the new servo. The receiver was binding correctly to my dx8 before changing the servo. It bound/flew fine on the first battery after this change. On the second battery, it would not bind. I noticed the sat/TM1000 was showing solid orange, but the AR8000 was blinking. I checked to make sure I plugged in the servo correctly and went back through the DIR set up again to make sure that wasn't the issue. I still couldn't get it to bind. I put the heli away and started again the next day. First battery, it bound correctly (no adjustments made since the previous day) and flew fine, but I noticed the AR8000 orange light blinking when I went to change the battery. Sure enough, it would not bind on the second battery. So, I left the 2nd battery plugged in for about a minute and it bound up (but was blinking when I landed it). But the third battery would not bind.

During the times the AR8000 was blinking and would not bind (and the sat/TM1000 had solid orange), on the DX8 it showed the "signal meter" bars in the upper left corner of the screen (DSMX in upper right), so it was still connected and the sat/tm1000 were still solid orange. However, moving the sticks did not do anything on the heli. The receiver voltage on the telemetry screen was 6V. On the first battery, I noted it stayed within .2V during hovering/mild ascension. The next few days, the same issue occurred, first battery bound, then, after a few minutes flying, the AR8000 light started blinking (but still flew fine). When I changed to the 2nd battery, nothing. Today, it won't even bind on the first battery...and I can't get it to bind by holding in the button on the tm1000 and binding via the DX8.

Anyone have any suggestions? It's been a long time since I originally bound this. Is there a step I missed to bind the 3gx to the receiver or the 3gx to the dx8? I would think if that were the problem, it wouldn't bind even on the first battery to begin with. Thanks

Top Bottom