Motors need help finding a pinion

cobieg

Ok, so I am working on a project that I am changing from brushed to brushless motor. The problem is, the shaft on the new motor is 3.5m. I need a pinion with 14t. I bought one today, but it dosnt mesh with the main. Is this because the new gear is bigger diameter ( 7.85mm old is 6.25mm ) ? How do I find the right pinoin ?

Lee

You need to find out the tooth gauge of the original pinion and main gear. As they can be different.

Tony

Staff member
Actually what Lee is referring to is the "pitch" of the teeth. If I remember correctly, they are a 48 pitch gear. Most all helicopters use the same pitch pinion/main tooth.

cobieg

That is the one I bought today, and it dosnt mesh. The main gear is 72mm 180t. I guess I could try to drill the old one out to fit, but have no way to hold it on the shaft.

Tony

Staff member
that pinion should mesh with all of them. what helicopter are you putting this on?

cobieg

I found a pinion at tower hobby for a brushless upgrade, part # HMXE8021, but it appears the hole is still too small, and it is a press on type as well.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You going to be better off leaving it stock. You want an upgradable heli just buy one. Those Cheepos aren't ment to be upgraded. Fly, crash, and throw away! Lol

cobieg

Just something to tinker with. The Trex 459 Sport V2 is awsome, but this kinda stuff keeps my mind and hands going or I will go nuts ! I'll come up with something if I have to drill it small and press it on.

Top Bottom