Setups Need expert help guys

WyDiablo

I got my 600TVL camera and my Hero3 today and looking at the 600TVL camera I can't see how I can use the existing cables that came with it to connect to my ImmersionRC tx unless is cust and splice the gopro cable that I already have. This cable is no use to me now that I have a hero3 camera. But it has 4 wires and the cable coming out of the 600TVL camera only has 3 (Video, Grd and power). So on the gopro cable what does the white wire do? below are the cables that came with the camera and the gopro cable.
View attachment 6422View attachment 6423

Thanks guys

The question is what would be the best way to hook this up. Use what I have already and splice and solder? The 600TVL will be for flying and the gopro for filming.

Last edited:

Stambo

Why not use video out of the Gopro for your FPV, saves wiring up and carrying an extra camera.
The fourth wire is probably audio.

Last edited:

pvolcko

It depends on the type of gopro cable you have.

GoProHD Camera Cable (ImmersionRC/FatShark Style) [GOPROIRCCABLE] - $8.99 : Ready Made RC LLC, Your full service FPV and R/C store!
GoProHD Camera Cable (Audio and Video) [GOPROAUDVIDCABLE] - $8.99 : Ready Made RC LLC, Your full service FPV and R/C store!

Since you mention the immersiontx, on the gopro cable:
brown/black = gnd, red = video, orange = L audio, yellow/white = R audio. The gopro 1 (don't know about 2) don't actually have stereo sound, it records mono.

WyDiablo

I was going to do just that but I wanted another camera for flying and use the gopro for recording. I have the top one that you listed. I used that cable for the hero2

Last edited:

Lee

Your immersion RX should have come with a cable like the one in your bottom pic, just with bare ends instead of the 3.5mm jack. I think they are brown red yellow and green. The green is for audio, ignore that one. Solder the others together. Brown is earth, red is Positive and yellow is signal.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Your immersion RX should have come with a cable like the one in your bottom pic, just with bare ends instead of the 3.5mm jack. I think they are brown red yellow and green. The green is for audio, ignore that one. Solder the others together. Brown is earth, red is Positive and yellow is signal.

Ya what Lee said! LOL

WyDiablo

Well the Immersion vtx did not have any cables that I can remember when I received the unit. Here are some pictures of the way that I have this camera wired and as of right now its showing no picture. From the looks of things I guess I'll be going back to the gopro for viewing and recording until I can get this thing figured out. But I do believe that the way I have it wired right now is correct according to the out puts on top of the vtx.
View attachment 6427View attachment 6428

Brown wire from vtx to red wire camera
Red wire from vtx to brown wire camera
Orange wire from vtx to yellow wire camera

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ill tell you this much. If your camera is a 12 v camera. All likelihood it is then you need another powersorse for it. The tx only puts out 5v. I had to do this with mine. 5 v is not enough to power a 12v camera.

WyDiablo

Well even with a 3S 11.1 volt battery I still don't have any video. And I now have just learned that the Fat Shark goggles channel button isn't working correctly. I push the channel up button and it beats as it goes higher in channels but the channel down button does not make a sound and I can't tell if the channels are changing. Looks like a new set of goggles are in store "Crap". I"ll wait until my gopro stuff gets here first before I order a new set of goggles. My luck has turned to crap ever since I started the FPV scene. Oh well better luck as I progress I guess.

Stambo

Rather than a new set of goggles why not get a diversity receiver and hook through AV cable to goggles.
Diversity gives you less chance of video glitches and drop outs and you can hook up 2 different antennae, perhaps one cp and one directional.

WyDiablo

Well shortly after posting I really got a bad mad spell and grabbed my goggles and headed to my work table. After about 1-1/2 to 2 hours of work my goggles now work fine. I just can't seem to get the 600TVL camera up and going. I may try again next week or next weekend when I'll have more time to sit down and study on the problem more. But right now I"m thinking its more in the camera than any thing else. And as far as the diversity receiver that's more in the future than in the present right now. I don't want to advance faster than I"m going right now.

Top Bottom