450 Need Esc For Lmh 110

Hirobo.61

I have an old 450 LMH 110 converted to electric. I'm an old retied man trying to learn RC helicopters and am in the "hovering stage". My ESC on my LMH is getting very hot while the helicopter is running (no heat issues when off, even with battery plugged in). So I would like to replace it with a new ESC that would match my helo's components:
Align 430xl motor
3-Hirec servos
Futaba GY240 gyro
Spektrum ar6200 receiver
Using 1300mah, 11.1 volt LiPos
My current ESC (name unknown) is just old and needs replacement.
SO, if anyone could recommend a tried and proven ESC to handle my listed components, please send your recommendations.
Thank you.

Tony

Staff member
What is an "LMH"? Can you post a link to the one that you have?

That motor is no longer made, and if this is a 450 size helicotper, I might suggest upgrading to a newer motor and ESC (obviously ESC lol). But would like to get some more info on the helicopter if I could.

Hirobo.61

That motor is no longer made, and if this is a 450 size helicotper, I might suggest upgrading to a newer motor and ESC (obviously ESC lol). But would like to get some more info on the helicopter if I could.

Hirobo.61

Hirobo.61

I tried and it got lost lol!
The LMH helicopter was originally the first RC helicopter that could be flown with 4 channels in the nineties. they are no longer in business. A friend gave me the 450 because he was more interested in airplanes. Here's a better description of the 450 LMH:
Fixed pitch wit flybars
Motor: Align 430xl (3780kv, inrunner,RM)
Gyro: currently has a Hobby King HK4018 digital gyro
Servos x3: Hitec HS80
ESC: brand unknown
Receiver: Orange AX DSM2
Batteries 1300 mah (3 cell) 11.1 v.
Radio: Spektrum DX6i
Tony,my apologies for sending the email; I'm new here and I don't know how to fix that.
I realize that this is an old helicopter with outdated components, but I can fly it when everything is working. Until I reach a point where I feel comfortable flying this RC LMH helicopter, I will spend the bucks for a new 450 Align. Right now, I HAVE to replace the ESC and upgrade the gyro. I just wanted some opinions as to which heli-ESC would work with my present setup? My apologies for any confusion, any input from an experienced heli-flyer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tony

Staff member
No worries, I'm not sure what email you are referring to though. As for the helicopter, I would probably put that one on the shelf since if you crash it, that will be the end of it without any parts available. The new Align is a great idea, just let us know what help you need.

I'm sure an Align 35a ESC will work fine with that motor, or at least should with the numbers on that motor.

Hirobo.61

No worries, I'm not sure what email you are referring to though. As for the helicopter, I would probably put that one on the shelf since if you crash it, that will be the end of it without any parts available. The new Align is a great idea, just let us know what help you need.

I'm sure an Align 35a ESC will work fine with that motor, or at least should with the numbers on that motor.
Thanks Tony, you're probably right-maybe I am beating a "dead horse". You've definitely got me thinking about pulling the trigger on a new Align 450.

Tony

Staff member
I would just hate to see an old helicopter like this crashed and have no way of repairing it.

Admiral

Thank you for the great pictures of the LMH 110; do you know of a source that could supply me with spare parts?

The pictures are mostly from forums, I did a Google search on "LMH 110 helicopter" and that among links bought up these pictures and dozens more, it seems to have been a very popular helicopter in it day.
If you follow the links from the pictures you will get a lot of information about them.

Top Bottom