Wanted: Need a plane motor

callsign4223

Staff member
Anyone got a brushless 375 watt 1100kv motor they wanna sell? Apparently when I took mine out of my plane to replace the shaft and went to work the next day the kids thought it would be fun to play with and now it has disappeared.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hmm, the motor that came with the kit was a 350 watt 1130kv. I don't know enough about electric motors to know if the smaller higher kv motor would be sufficient. What do you think Tony? This is the motor that the kids disappeared Himax 3516-1130 Brushless Motor .

Tony

Staff member
If it's for the plane that we couldn't fly, then I'm thinking it's not enough. This is a pretty small motor for that large of a plane. I'm thinking you will need something in the 100g range.

callsign4223

Staff member
If I used a 145 g motor would it mess stuff up besides the cg, or is it just overkill for no reason?(all the 100g class motors are sold out, but the next class up is in stock and not that much more expensive)

Tony

Staff member
Yeah you can use it as long as it fits. I would more than likely take Travis' suggestion and beef up the front though with some ply. Make sure to check the can LxW to make sure it's going to poke out enough.

Top Bottom