Flight Controllers Naze32 cleanflight led setup

bbj

I decided to add led's to my zmr250 for better orientation and also program some nice features at the same time. I added 13 addressable led's to both front and rear of the quad. Wired them into the system so the main battery will power them. I also set up a switch on my dx9 to turn them on or off. After doing the wiring pattern in cleanflight is when I began setting up what colors each led would use and what features each would use, etc. (flight, arm, indicator and warnings). I assumed it would be able to use the warning part of the led programming to tell me when my battery was getting low in a cell per the cleanflight battery settings and ticking the box for battery low box. I was hoping to not need a buzzer for this low battery warning but to have certain led's flash when it was getting low. Instead I have these leds blinking all the time even with a fresh battery fully charged. For now I have removed the bat low tick box and took off that warning feature from the leds I was trying to use for that.

The question is, is there a way to have the leds blink when the battery is low or am I only able to use the buzzer per cleanflight?

EyeStation

Sorry I can't help. Watching for an answer too. I like those addressable LED's and the possibilities.

Tony

Staff member
Is there not an option to run a separate string of LED's that turn on with this warning? Or is there only one header that controls the LED's? Sorry, new to all of this and just thinking out loud.

Lee

Do you have a cable connected to your boards VBat port?
If not then the reason for the LEDs flashing may be, its not sensing any voltage, so the alarm is on all the time.

Check this video to be sure. He has a full playlist of amazing Nase32 set up videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbj

That's who I was watching which gave me the idea of using just the LEDs and not needing a separate buzzer. I do have my voltage attached to the naze32 and not the PDB for the LEDs. At this time I am using solid colored lights for orientation of front to back using the center 9 LEDs and the outer 2 LEDs to show arming plus 2 LEDs on each side of my 13 LEDs for indicator which show braking or forward flight or banking to either side.

Lee

Then I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.
Not used the RGB lights yet on my quad.
Using the solid LEDs as well for night flying.
RED and GREEN for PORT and STARBOARD
Then White for the nose and Blue for the rear.

bbj

Tony, from what I know when you set the wiring scheme the software decides which LED does what per that wiring scheme. The voltage and signal wire goes in the input end of one LED strip and wires from the other end of that strip attach to the input end of my next LED strip.

- - - Updated - - -

Then I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.
Not used the RGB lights yet on my quad.
Using the solid LEDs as well for night flying.
RED and GREEN for PORT and STARBOARD
Then White for the nose and Blue for the rear.

Your almost using the same color scheme I am.

Tasajara

This is the video for setting up the LEDs It does have a Warnings tab on the setup so you may be able to use that for what you wanted to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral

A low voltage a buzzer won't work for me as I suffer from hearing loss, I've found this Low Voltage warning Devise at HK, it plugs directly into the balance plug on your battery.

I set it to lights on constant with two super bright white LEDs at the front and one Red at the back for orientation, the are visible at 500 meters in bright sunlight, and when the voltage drops to 3.5 volts they flash.

It is cheap, simple and works for me, my only concern is that it only draws from the first two cells so is not an even drain on the battery, but for the meantime it is the best I can find so I'll live with it.

Top Bottom