Quad Naze 32:)

Graham Lawrie

Starting to do the electronics on the mini-quad, i cant get the Naze board to arm?

I am bound to it and connected the first esc and motor to check direction, but get nothing?

Any suggestions?
cheers
G

Lee

Put some bullets in it :chickendance:

Not having a Nase myself, I cant help, other than on my Open pilot board, when plugged into the computer it disarms.
It can only be re armed by ticking a box before disconnecting.

Graham Lawrie

The program baseflight is very good and user friendly even for me:) It is the Full Naze32 and everything looks ok, just cant arm it? The board and motor beeps, the rotor twitches, then i cant arm it, which it throttle down and full right?

Stambo

You must calibrate the accelerometers first. :)
Also it must be reasonably level to arm.

With full board you may need compass calibration and GPS also.

Have you updated the firmware?

Last edited:

Stambo

Make sure baseflight configurator is fully up to date, I think it auto updates.
Mine is 10.06.2014 - 0.54.
Turn off auto connect or plug it in and disconnect.
I am not at home at the moment but this should be enough to get you going.
You should see a button firmware flasher, click it.
Now click load firmware online.
Then click flash firmware.
You should see a progress bar, then you are done.

Now go recheck all your settings as I think the update wipes some out. :)

Last edited:

Tasajara

Also try putting your minimum Throttle setting to "1140" in the Initial Setup tab, that may help...
That is if it is not set there already.

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

Got 3 out of 4 motors working looks like fc issue:( Great reply from where I bought it . Very helpful its on it's way back for repair or replacement:)

Lee

Glad to hear you got it in the UK and not China. Should be good to go soon then :D

Graham Lawrie

Yes should be soon Lee:) motors all set up:) Naze is easy to work around and the up to date firmware has a lot of good features, dead easy to use, bit like original dos:)

Graham Lawrie

Well i sent the Naze 32 back and got a reply from the supplier:) Unfortunately i was correct that port 2 was faulty:( he tried to repair it but with no luck. I was offered everything from a refund to new different board to replacement:)

Good service, so i have opted for the same board the Full Naze 32,which is not in stock so another week or so before my mini-quad lives:(

If there is a prize for bad luck with anything in this hobby, i am WORLD CHAMPION:)

Lee

Why did you go with the full Nase Graham? For a mini, surely you only need the basic one?

Lee

Cool. I'm playing with some new features on my Open Pilot CC3D.
Really nice. I will explain more on my thread after my first few flights.
And now they are only 37 euros i think from Hobby King.

Graham Lawrie

Cool need to check it out:) The Naze 32 programme is so easy to follow and loads of good features on the latest upgrade:) its like a windows version of DOS for an old timer like me that makes it easy:)

Lee

If you think the Nase software is easy, you will be shocked by the Open Pilot. Its a doddle.
You can download the software for free and check it out.

Stambo

The Naze32 acro is more than adequate for a mini.
There is very little room to add any extras and altitude hold and heading hold just add more complexity to the setup.
Any weight weight you can shave adds to flight time and performance.
Having said that there is nothing stopping you from using it like an acro board. :)

Top Bottom