Quad Naza-M Lite

rchelipilot

Got my new quad in the air yesterday. Its built from about 6 different manufacturer's parts. Everything seems to be working fine,
except the GPS hold and IOC.

GPS will hold horizontal but not vertical.

IOC will not do anything.

Is this because it's the LITE version?
The manual I downloaded says lite, but it contains setup info for all naza-m versions.
Thanks,
Stan

Stambo

I looked at one of these but got scared off by all the reports on various other forums.
(Google Naza flyaway and you will see what I mean)
They seem mostly related to GPS/compass issues however this is yet to be confirmed.

I will probably still get one once the issues have been sorted although there are also a few other controllers that have sparked my interest.

I think from what I have read, the vertical hold is done by barometric sensor rather than GPS.
The lite from what I can gather still has all the main features of the M but will not take the add ons so being a Lite should not be your issue.

Someone who has one may be able to help a little more with what to look for as far as light flash sequence etc.

Last edited:

Tasajara

What do you mean By not holding vert?
Sometimes air off of the props can effect the Baro being it changes the air pressure. Also sudden temp change will also, going from a warm car to cold outside ect.
You should be able to let the GPS connect put the multirotor in GPS and ATT take off then pull throttle back
to a hover and it will hold that spot.
If you take off and then hit att hold with GPS it can sometimes climb or fall depending where your throttle is when you hover in manual mode.

What I mean is that att hold will place the throttle at 50%. So if you are in manual mode hovering and you throttle is less than 50% when you switch on att hold it will climb.
If you hover at more than 50% in manual mode it will fall if you switch on att hold.
Hope this helps.

rchelipilot

Tasajara, I always take off in manual mode and fly to where I want it to sit. Then put it into att or gps mode. After a few more flights....I think what is happening is that after going into gps mode I am sometimes moving the throttle a little while adjusting rudder, which is over-riding the vertical hold. It still holds horizontal, but not vertical.
Stambo, I had a fly-away once. It was heading for a car and I freaked out. While taking it out of att mode, I also accidentally flipped the throttle hold switch which made me lose all control even though it was in manual mode. It slowly floated across the street and hit the car. No damage to the car or quad.

Top Bottom