ESC Naza Assistant Software won't activate eMax 4 in 1 ESC rotos on Motor Test menu

After banging my head for 2 days and doing all the googling, youtube and a few posts here that I can, still can't seem to get my naza m v2 to activate my rotors on the Motor Test menu in Assistant Software (must less arming. thought i'd start with motor test). Every other calibration between receiver and naza is done and working fine.

I'm using eMax 4 in 1 ESC and after hearing about SimonK timing issues, tried programming Timing advance (0,15,30 degrees), the extremes of the start mode (0.03 and 1.50) and control frequency (8Khz and 22Khz). No combination i've tried seems to work. I have a DX9 using an AR8000 receiver. I also calibrated the throttle of the ESCs directly on the receiver first. I bought a little servo to see if I get anything out of the Naza M1 when I hit the M1 button and alas, the servo reacts so I'm pretty sure *something* is coming from the Naza but its something the ESCs don't like.

I hope the pics i posted help. Any help appreciated.

naza1.jpgnaza2.jpg

naza1.jpg

naza2.jpg

Ultimately found out that my elevator was backwards. Through all the videos i watched, I just somehow missed it. WOuld have been a tremendous help if the calibration slider on Assistant Software actually moved up and down instead of right and left when the stick was moved. That way, one doesn't have to interpret right/left to up/down which is what tripped me up.

Tony

Staff member
Glad you got it figured out. I wish I could have helped on this one, but I know nothing about the naza and would not have been much help.

Top Bottom