National corvette museum sinkhole

wolfman76

who else heard this??? here are some videos i found what a shame such beautiful cars some probably ireplaceable...

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
If those cars are repairable I would think gm would want to help restore those historic beauties.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Gm has gotten involved in the help with these cars. I can assure you, they will be rebuilt or put on display as the cars that went into the sinkhole. And yup, heard about this just after they discovered it.

cml001

This sinkhole thing... In the news a lot lately.. Wonder if it's increasingly happening or just now getting the attention... Some crazy stuff... Swallow'n up cars houses people... I'm mean.. Wow!

wolfman76

i don't know but the way they build crap meaning foundations there has been a lot of sinkholes happening lately... i have seen quite a few reports of them lately all over

pvolcko

You can have a great foundation and still have this happen. In this case they probably thought this was built on top of solid ground. Looks like something opened up 50+ft below the floor and then let a whole bunch of dirt ust slide on down to oblivion. I'd love to know why these occur. I'm figuring one will open up right under my house when I send in the last mortgage check.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
If anyone can fix the cars I am sure gm will do everything they can to fix them. Even if it means fabricating new parts.

These cars represent American history along with Detroit Pontiac and (I know cough cough) ford.

I would think that all the cars would get some kind of make over since they are fixing the broke ones.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

wolfman76

Did you notice the orange one in the security video then in the fpv video it was nowhere to be seen which means it was buried worst them that black one. ... figures the best looking vette gets buried and most damage

Top Bottom