General Mystery (to me) Object

treff

Can any one tell me what this mystery object is for? It came with a new electric Turnigy motor and I can not work out what it's for. Also the o ring. I sign Baffled from Wales. Object.jpg

Object.jpg

treff

Thanks wolfman76. I seems to small for the diameter of the motor spindle. The motor is turnigy 2836 2350 kv. I just cant work out what it is for, also the rubber o-ring

Lee

Yep, its a prop saver. The collar goes on the motor shaft, the prop then goes on and the rubber band holds the prop on using the two screws to secure it.

treff

The problem with that is it will not fit the shaft of the motor I have. maybe at HK the just throw the odd bits into bags to make the weight

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I used it on my plane. hobbys hops have them in differetn shaft sizes.. this has been around for years.. just a shaft grab and an O ring any waz.

Derek

Definitely a "prop saver"!!! I love these little things. Many people will curse them to the end of the Earth, but I love them. I put on one my first flying wing and that same prop saver is still on that same wing with the same prop. I believe that prop savers are just awesome for beginners/rookies.

and just so that we are still quite clear....beginners/rookies = me.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, prop saver. And it not fitting the shaft of the motor that it came with, I'm not surprised. Just one more reason I don't order from china anymore lol.

Top Bottom