Spektrum MY_DX8.XML

tarnall

I have been having problem registering my new DX8. I have tried a dozen time entering and re-entering the serial number but keep getting the message model number does not match serial number. Another option is to upload the serial number as an .XML file. How do I do that? There is an Export for the file in the setup, but OK is not an option. I have installed the 128Mb card according the instructions, but still don't see any way to get that file onto the card. Any ideas? I posted this in another area where someone else said they just bought a new DX8 but no help on the registration problem I'm having. Thanks, Terry

Tony

Staff member
First, take your SD card out of the Tx and put it in your computer and wipe it clean. A quick format is the best way. then, push the roller (on the top only) and hold it while you turn on your DX8, This will put you in the systems setup menu. Scroll all the way down to System Settings then click through all the way to the Serial Number. In there, turn the roller to go onto the EXPORT and click the roller. When you do, it will show you the MY_DX8.xml with OK. at the bottom. This is telling you that the file has been put onto your card. Just pull the card out of the Tx, put it in your computer and in the folder on the card, you will see the same MY_DX8.xml.

Let me know if it works.

Westy

LEGEND
yes ... I did did all that and submitted on the registration web site and it just fell over ... and came up with a blank screen after 3 - 5 minutes of hanging .... tried to submit it several times .... put it to bed as un solvable as HH wanted me to call them or take a photo of the serial ... and he would send me an email of the code with the correct numbers in it .... what was he trying to say???? I did not know what the code number was?

tarnall

Thanks Tony, guess I'm getting closer. Now I get this message when I try register, after loading the xml file off the drive:
...............................................................................................................................................................
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
..................................................................................................................................
Not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or some problem with the internet...
Thanks for your help! :) Terry

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking it has more to do with their server than your computer. May have to just give them a call to register it. did you buy the Tx new or used? If used, that may be why you are getting these issues. But a phone call should clear that right up.

tarnall

I purchased the DX8 new a few weeks after I purchased the TREX 450 from the same shop " Victor's Hobbies" in Newark, CA. I got about 1/4 the way into the build, watching the instruction videos, when he wanted to center the servos before installing them, so that's why I went back to get the radio.

I will try the registration one more time in the morning before I give them a call.

Thanks for all your helpful input. I'll re post when I figure out the rest of the story! Terry

Tony

Staff member
That "he" would be me :biggrin1: Good luck on the registration. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help out.

Westy

LEGEND
I jsut got a timed out blank page that had atinge of blue in it as a background .... nothing to read .... nothing to think about .... nothing ... full Stop and Punctuation mark!

Thanks Tony, guess I'm getting closer. Now I get this message when I try register, after loading the xml file off the drive:
...............................................................................................................................................................
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
..................................................................................................................................
Not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or some problem with the internet...
Thanks for your help! :) Terry

- - - Updated - - -

I get this ...... and submit....
submitting DX7s xml file.jpg

It transmitts notthing .... (0Kbs)
and then comes up with this after35 secs
submitting DX7s xml file2.jpg

submitting DX7s xml file.jpg

submitting DX7s xml file2.jpg

tarnall

Wellp, I just got off the line with Horizon Hobbies tech support. Gave him all the info and he could not register either. E-mailed him the .xml file, he said he is going to check with his boss and get back me. Hummmm, I wonder... I'll keep you posted! Thanks for your support! Terry

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an e-mail reply from the Horizon Hobby tech support guy and he said my DX8 is now registered. I logged on to take a look and sure enough it is. The model number listed on the registration is SPM8800. Hummmm, just out of curiosity I did another register and looked for that model# and did not see it. O'well! just one of those mysteries i guess.

Top Bottom