Spektrum My X3 settings disappeared

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I can't believe this. One minute I was flying my X3 before dinner then after dinner I decided to fly both X3 and 500 " Still waiting on parts for the 450" I went to turn on my DX6 to fly the X3 again and for some reason my settings were gone. Like it wasn't their. The DX6 display the airplane model "I don't even own an airplane" Throttle curve, Pitch curves and ect went all back like it was never set up. Good thing I go through a check list before a flight. If I took for granted that all is good and spool up the heli, the X3 would of diffidently crash even before take off. I would of been one _ _ _ _ _ _ off person. Has this ever happen to anyone and what would make this happen? Now I have to program everything all over again. The funny part is that the 450 and the 500 settings stay the same, I think. I'm going to go through them again just to be safe. Strange I tell you. Any Ideas will be appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
This has happened to me as well. From that day forward I would make a backup of all of my settings. You can do this by going into system settings and copying all settings to the SD card then putting them in a folder on my computer. And if you are over protective like me, you will have a cloud storage that backups all of the files on your computer.

And just an FYI, pissed off is not a censored word. I'm thinking about getting rid of the word censors all together. Not sure yet though. Thoughts? You can PM me if you woudl like.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I had the chance to check out the 450/500 settings and everything is fine :nervous:. I did find out few more things about the X3. I had to bind the X3 with the TX again and program the settings on the Ar7300bx all over :frown:. I thought awhile back I wrote all the settings down on a notebook pad but I couldn't find it. Sure enough I found it after I was already done programming :duh:. I had a Old saying back when I was in the golf ball business,"If you think it, write it" now I need to do what you said and make a copy of all three of my heli setting and put it in the computer too! :shhh: What a night mare but it's finally done.

murankar

Staff member
If you lost bind and had to redo the whole thing there is way you can fly that heli, even with jacked up settings. The worst that can happen is the rx would pick up a signal that is not the radio. Specktrum I believe has model match, it wont allow you to fly with the wrong RX. As soon as it sees a new RX ID it will scream at you and tell you to fix it.

Smoggie

With Spektrum's 'Model Match' if you attempt to use a memory in the Tx that is not the correct one for the model then basically nothing happens. The Tx doesn't talk to the receiver so the model will just sit their unresponsive. The Tx doesn't shout at you or anything, basically 'nothing happens'.

I've never had a model 'vanish' from the memory but I do keep a backup of all my models on the SD card 'just in case'. Spektrum advise that you do this when updating firmware to cover the possibility of the models memories being wiped out.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If you lost bind and had to redo the whole thing there is way you can fly that heli, even with jacked up settings. The worst that can happen is the rx would pick up a signal that is not the radio. Specktrum I believe has model match, it wont allow you to fly with the wrong RX. As soon as it sees a new RX ID it will scream at you and tell you to fix it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that not letting you fly with the wrong RX! :duh:

Top Bottom