VTX My VTX SUCKS!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
I know this one looks like the other thread, but this is the transmitter on the quad, not the receiver. But I think I have a problem with both of them. Both of them after 15 minutes of being powered on were running about 175º. I did not expect this at all. So I am in need of a new VTX if you have one. If you don't, post up what you think is the best for the money.

below in the quote is what I posted in the other thread so that you know what is going on.

I'm sure you know by now that I'm trying to get back into FPV and I'm also trying to get back into my little 250 quads. Well, today I thought was the day that I was going to do just that. You see, today I received a new pair of antennas (RHCP) and I figured this would get rid of the issues I was having with horrible range. I'm talking 10' at most before you started to see some snow.

So I went out to do a little review of the new antennas and I wanted to pit them against the rubber duckies that I had on teh quad. Everything was done LOS because I knew I was going to lose signal. So I connected everything up with the video feed coming to my lappy and being recorded and off I went. I flew forward about 75 feet. Then I turned left and went over my house. It wasn't until I turned left again to come back to me that I lost signal. It was further than I expected to be honest. So, it was time to fit the clovers to the VTX and VRX.

Once fitted, I did the EXACT same pattern and I lost video about 50 feet out before the first turn!!!

The only thing that I can come up with is my VRX is not picking up the signal like it should.

Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of that is a GOOD ONE!? I would be very interested.

If no one has one, post up what you think is the best out there. I would like diversity, but at this time, I don't have that many antennas and I surely dont' have a patch or helical.

Post up your thoughts. I did record this whole flight, but it's very hard to watch.

Stambo

I have tried some of the cheaper units and have found where video is concerned you definitely get what you pay for.
Cheap video gear and antennas are like cheap helicopter kits.
You will end up frustrated and not get the best experience.
Immersion/Fatshark gear is expensive comparatively but worth it in the long run.
Also many of the cheap circular polarized antennas are not much better than the whip antennas that come with the vtx.
Either Immersion or IBCrazy are the best as far as I am concerned.
I learned the hard way like many others.
My 200mw Immersion gear with Immersion antennas works better than a lot of the cheaper 600mw stuff.
What are you using at the moment?

ImmersionRC Race Band 200mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter

ImmersionRC DUO5800 v4.1 Race Edition 40ch 5.8GHz Raceband Diversity Receiver Dual Output

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It's just a cheap little VTX/VRX that I purchased, sold and was given back to me. Circle of life lol. I would like to use immersionRC stuff, but it's quite a bit of money that I just don't have right now.

The biggest thing is, I have a vendor that I can get stuff from now and then. They are the one that sent these antennas (I asked for the absolute cheapest ones they had just to see how they are. Reviews were good, but they suck) and I'm not that impressed. There is another set that doesn't have a dome on it that are supposed to be really good. I have them on the list to be sent next, but I really need to get a quality VTX/VRX so that I can do a fair comparison.

Tony

Staff member
Well, my vendor just sent me a VTX. It should be here in a couple weeks. We will see how it stacks up. I know how the 600mw immersionrc one works, lets see if this one will do the same. I sure hope so.

Top Bottom