VRX My VRX SUCKS!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure you know by now that I'm trying to get back into FPV and I'm also trying to get back into my little 250 quads. Well, today I thought was the day that I was going to do just that. You see, today I received a new pair of antennas (RHCP) and I figured this would get rid of the issues I was having with horrible range. I'm talking 10' at most before you started to see some snow.

So I went out to do a little review of the new antennas and I wanted to pit them against the rubber duckies that I had on teh quad. Everything was done LOS because I knew I was going to lose signal. So I connected everything up with the video feed coming to my lappy and being recorded and off I went. I flew forward about 75 feet. Then I turned left and went over my house. It wasn't until I turned left again to come back to me that I lost signal. It was further than I expected to be honest. So, it was time to fit the clovers to the VTX and VRX.

Once fitted, I did the EXACT same pattern and I lost video about 50 feet out before the first turn!!!

The only thing that I can come up with is my VRX is not picking up the signal like it should.

Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of that is a GOOD ONE!? I would be very interested.

If no one has one, post up what you think is the best out there. I would like diversity, but at this time, I don't have that many antennas and I surely dont' have a patch or helical.

Post up your thoughts. I did record this whole flight, but it's very hard to watch.

Tony

Staff member
I feel so alone in this thread...

So as I posted in the other thread, I have a VTX on the way to me, and now I need the VRX to match. Now, the VTX is only a 32 channel but it should still work. I'm looking at a diversity VRX but to get that, the antennas I want and the sma/rp-sma adapters that I need is going to be about $80. And I have $33 in the paypal. So it's going to be a bit before I can actually purchase those parts to get back into the wonderful world that is... FPV :yahoo: lol

Tasajara

I have a ImmersionRC - Duo5800 not Race Edition, but works very well.... I also have about 5 antennas I can throw in with it.
They are RHCP, I changed over to LHCP.
I will make you a good deal, I just can't give it away.
Let me know how much you wanted to spend and we can see if we are close. New it Cost 149.95 without any extra antennas.

Tasajara

Tony , I checked I only have 3 antennas I must have sold the others I was thinking of...

Here is what I will be sending you tomorrow...
When I had my CrossHair and a Mad Mushroom on it I went close to a mile out.

Anyway here are the items.. It does come with a power cord just not in the pic
You may have to look around and get a an elbow to mount the 5 Blade 5.8gHz Fan

5.8 VTx.jpg

5.8 VTx.jpg

Last edited:

Tasajara

Hope you get it by Sat so you may get a chance to try it out.

It will make a world of difference... Just when you hear a clicking sound it's all good.... The Duo's all make that sound when they switch from one Rx antenna setup to the other picking the strongest signal.

Tony

Staff member
The new ones beep, I did learn that today. But from what I hear, there is absolutely NO way you can tell in the goggles or on the screen. It's just seamless transition. I just need something that can grab a crappy signal and do something with it which is why I wanted to invest in a good VRX rather than more powerful VTX's. But I will have a good VTX soon as well. Got one of those to sell? lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I just can't seem to win for losing. I ordered a new 5800DUO ImmersionRC VRX and waited an egregious amount of time for it to get here. It finally arrived yesterday and I opened it today. I thought the box was too small, and when I looked inside, they sent a 5800 UNO!!! NON DIVERSITY!!! Something is trying to keep me out of this FPV game...

Stambo

I have 5800 duo and I love it.
What I don't love is the incessant beeping as it changes channels.
Fortunately you can change that in the settings.
The only time mine beeps now is when the battery gets low.
And you are correct Tony, the switch between channels is seamless, you don't notice a thing in the goggles.

Tony

Staff member
That is the reason I wanted the Duo, for the diversity. Planned on using a patch and a CP to do some testing. And yes, you can turn off the beeping from switching Rx's. And also yes, it's seamless as I found with the last DUO I had (V3), but unfortunately wouldn't pick up the channels that I needed to pick up.

I have contacted the seller and they are checking with their supplier (means it was drop shipped!!!) to see if they have the Duo in stock. And all I want to do is fly a quad FPV lol.

Top Bottom