450 My two Latest EXI 450 Pro Builds

mousie

Bought two EXI CF Pros from xheli when they where on sale for $39.99 way back.The other one was going to be my parts heli for when I crash but decided to make something of it. Bought this glass fuselage from xheli for only $32.00 very impressed with the quality of this fuselage. I have seen others selling for way over $100.00.

The weight of the stock EXI is 1lb 12oz
The fuselage one is about 9 oz more. Do you think it will fly with the added weight? I just finished it up last night and have not yet flown it in the glass fuselage.It seems to be balanced perfect, can't wait to get it in the air.md530-62.jpgmd530-62.jpg

md530-62.jpg

md530-65.jpg

md530-58.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I think it will fly just fine. since it is heavier, it won't be as agile and you will have to use more collective to keep it in the air. Other than that, you shouldn't have an issue with it.

mousie

Always scared of that first flight.It flew fine before I installed it into this fuselage.Just a little worried about the extra weight it has.It has to be more stress on the head,blades and feathering shaft bearings and grips.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue. You see the guys doing 3d with their helis ... I cannot imagine any regular flight stuff would cause anymore stress than what they put their helis through.

mousie

I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue. You see the guys doing 3d with their helis ... I cannot imagine any regular flight stuff would cause anymore stress than what they put their helis through.

Your right! Never thought about it that way.From full positive to full negative, that has to be some major stress.

Tony

Staff member
Paul is exactly correct. They are putting 10x the stress on the head and main blocks just doing tick tocks than you will put on it by normal flying with 10g extra weight. I think you will be fine. It will just slow down some of the movements and make it feel a little more sluggish. But more scale looking.

mousie

Well guys I just took it out for its first maiden flight and it went well.Defiantly slower than before but sure looks awesome flying around the yard.I think I like it!

mousie

Thanks for the compliant Chris,It was a pretty straight forward install.Very nice detail for the money.

Top Bottom