Spektrum My transmitter whoes!!!!!

wolfman76

Well besides tony I don't think anyone else knows what happened to my beloved dx6i...Well about a 2-3 weeks ago let's just say a glass of sweet tea was knocked over and the rest i would assume you guys can guess what happened...Yup she got a bath!!! I quickly took my cherished tx apart and found that it was not as bad as originally thought it was going to be considering it was a 32oz. glass FULL glass that is.... As i was saying i quickly took it apart and found that there was hardly anything inside the case whew!!!! right.... Yeah that is what i said but when i part her back together and tried to turn it back on ...NOTHING!!! Well first step i have tested each battery each one tested at 1.27 volts ok they r a lil low but ok 5.08v all 4 together...I next tried tested if there was voltage after the power switch you would think it should also read 5.08v there also nope nuthin not a thing so obviously the problem is somewhere between the switch and the battery bay... iI am still checking to see if i connected a plug wrongly I don't think so but i will check anyways to atleast eliminate the possibility... only other 2 options after that is 1 come up with postage and let you tony try to work your magic n c if it something simple i just overlooked (fingers crossed) if you can get it working you the man tony.. Option 2 is tony is unable to work some magic is to call up horizon or spektrum or whoever it may be to send it in and have it tested to see how much it will cost to fix it... we will see how it goes hopefully it will turn out to be somthing simple... Onlt time will tell... let this saga begin.

Tony

Staff member
Take the case apart and post some good in focus high res pics so we can see in there.

wolfman76

well here is the update i was finally able to send it in to horizon hobby for them to test it to find out why it would'nt turn back on after reassembly... I got a phone call yesterday by a tech named Chris and he told me that it will be about a 75 dollar repair at minimun something about a main board was not working and that would cost about 75 to replace but he had not gone through and tested everything else on the tx so if anything else is wrong with it chances are i will be grounded completely until depending on repair cost either get it repaired or save the fun bucks up and just buy the dx8 we will see he was going to finish testing it and then send it back to me until i can scratch up the fundage for one or the other...it is not any fun but hey what am i gonna do right...

Tony

Staff member
That really sucks man. IMO, if you can scratch up the coinage for the DX8, do it. It's well worth the investment IMO.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
Wolfman, was the TX on when you spilled tea on it? If it was off, I wouldn't think that anything would have been damaged. I'm sure that you sprayed the boards and pots down with a drying agent, WD-40, PCB cleaner, etc before turning it on, right? Short of the micro processor, there aren't really and static sensitive componants in there. You should have been fine... :concern:

wolfman76

Thank you very much someguy as it turns out you are right last i had talked to the tech from horizon he had told me that the main control board was not working and it was going to cost atleast 75 to repair turns out he made the same dumb mistake i made upon reassembly of the tx there were 2 plug put in wrong spots was good thing i asked him to completely check tx make sure nothing else was wrong with it or i would never have known and he would have never caught it... i found out by when i went to ups to pick up my tx it had a post-it note on it say and i quote I WAS MISTAKEN IT WORKS! Now how cool is that my whoas are subsided thank you chris the tech.... I still plan on buying the dx8 as soon as i can though and will let my oldest boy use dx6 as soon as we get and build his kadet seniorita kit...CRISIS IS OVER WHEW!!!!

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
That is awesome news!!! I'm glad it worked out well for you. :applouse: Heh, when you get your new DX-8 make sure you have a camera handy if you decide to tear into it! :cower:

Tony

Staff member
Dude, I TOLD you to post a picture of the inside of it. I could have saved you all this time by checking the wiring lmao.

Top Bottom