Trucks My T Maxx Suspention!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:evil::evil::evil:

Well tony here she is. Took pics today for you.

Front up A little.jpg

I lowered the front. This is the lowest spring spacer I have. It's still up A little.

Lower shock mount.jpg

Lower shock is in the second inbord hole.

upper shock mount.jpg

Upper shock mount is in middle hole!

Rear Level.jpg

Rear is now level. I just did this this afternoon. All 4 wheels are set up same. I did not move any shock mounts. All shocks in factory settings. I'm thinking stand up rear upper mount and not shure on Front. What do you think?

:goodevil: :hmmm: :feedback:

Front up A little.jpg

Lower shock mount.jpg

upper shock mount.jpg

Rear Level.jpg

Tony

Staff member
When you took the pics, did you push down on the truck, and let it come up under it's own power? Or do what the guy at the shop said and drop it from a foot or so? If so, Either get lighter springs for the front, or it looks as if you can move the lower springs to the far outside and it should level out. the rear is close, but still needs to come down a little. Maybe move one hole out on each shock in the rear bottom. It's worth a try anyway, it's only 8 bolts and is easily changed if you don't like it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I did it both ways. Sits the same. I mean it has to have some shock dampening or it will bottem out running around the back yard! It pushes down real easy.

Tony

Staff member
Have you changed the shock oil yet? if not, it will get stiffer once you do. And if it's not stuff enough, you can always put in the smaller pistons in the shocks. If it were my truck, I would move the shocks out as far as I could on the front, and one to two spots in the rear. You are having an issue with it flipping over, and moving the shocks out, it will help to keep if from tipping over in a turn.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
No next week is shock week! LOL I can barely move after doing my brakes! LOL I might try tomorrrow if its crappy outside.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well, got my stock Driveshaft yesterday. My up graded shafts should be in the mail the 29th. Along with a few other goodies I ordered. If my guess of what's what goes according to plan sat. My maxx is going to be transferred to a monster! Stay tuned for more info to follow! Lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well worked on my maxx all day today. Ive got my front end done! Found A broken pin on one of the lower A arms. Switched A bunch of parts over from the e maxx to the t maxx. Ive now got heaver A arms, Progresive springs on the shocks, and 40 wt oil in them. Got aftermarket bulkheads on her now. Got the front end bolted back on. i know ill have to re set the camber now. Hmmm tony help! lol. I shot some video but new camra so im not sure how it will turn out! well see when im through! More to come next week!

Tony

Staff member
I have a whole video on setting camber. Still need to edit it and get it uploaded though. I'm working on it. lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I had to guess on how far to screw the ball joints in! Found out if you screw them in all the way it won't turn. I set them to the end of the treads!!

Tony

Staff member
If they are like that, then you are more than likely going to have major toe in/out issues. You want 0º of toe-in in the front, and 1º of toe-in in the rear. Camber should be -1º or -2º all the way around. I will try and get that video uploaded sometime this week for the setups on the truck.

Tony

Staff member
Grab a tape measure and measure from center to center on teh front wheels with the Tx on and the truck on (not running). Center on teh front, adn center on the back should be exactly the same. On the rear, you should be 1/8" shorter center to center than the back of the rear wheels. For the camber, use a square on the outside of the tires, and put a 1/8" gap at the top. This will set yoru truck up like I have in the video. It will handle as good as it can with those settings.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:readthethread: Ok so I took A quick look this morning has I'm getting ready for work. Toe in and out I've got about 10" across the front of the tires and about 9.75 across the back. Should be the other way around shoulden't it? Ill half to mesure the tie rods and see witch one or ones have to be adjusted. the caster and camber I have about 1/4 on the right side and about 1/4 on the left. Of course thats with out the rear wheels on the machine. Just A rough guestamit! LOL. I set the rear on A block and remesured. still the same by pushing down on the front end A couple of times to set it in place! Hears some pics!

Suspention-1.jpgSuspention-2.jpgSuspention-3.jpgSuspention-4.jpgSuspention-1.jpg

You can see by the pics that the front end is now level across the suspention. These lower A arms have only 3 addjustment holes compared to 4 in the syock ones. Allso they are in A differant place on the arm.

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Suspention-1.jpg

Suspention-2.jpg

Suspention-3.jpg

Suspention-4.jpg

Tony

Staff member
what do you mean :readthethread:?????? I read every thread lmao.

Yeah, you have a lot of toe-out on that thing. That will make this thing very unstable in a straight line. Camber with 1/4" at the top is not excessive, and can be run. When you set the toe in the back, make sure to measure the links, they should be equal length on both sides so the thing doesn't dog walk. I will try to get the video done today and upload it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
what do you mean ?????? I read every thread lmao.

That's for everyone that dosen't read the truck, car, and boat treads! Lol. That's what I ment by checking at the tie rids to see what's what. I'll be cross the border till tonight talk then!

Top Bottom