Projects My RCH edge 540

wolfman76

Alright here it is everyone... All i have left to do to it is get cg with all electronics onboard... As for the color lets just say this bird will be on fire!!!

Electronics

Servos = 4 dynam 7g

Esc = 30amp exceed rc proton

Motor = exceed rc optima 450 2200-1050kv 76w

Rx = HK 6ch orange rx

ForumRunner_20130602_200142.png

ForumRunner_20130602_200142.png

BOKI

mountaindewdude76; Derek going to buy My First High Wing Trainer still haven't decided to go GLOW OR Electric ! Hope maybe to order it this week or next! Best in your RC Flying!

EyeStation

Might as well show off mine too. Should see its maiden flight this weekend. Already did some prop hanging in the living room, this feels like it will be an exciting flier.
[video=youtube_share;Kw3MOEK9ozU]http://youtu.be/Kw3MOEK9ozU[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Underbelly.jpgPower Plant.jpgReceiver.jpgRudder Servo.jpgTail Servos.jpg

This setup gives me a COG at 2.75" behind leading edge of wing.

Underbelly.jpg

Power Plant.jpg

Receiver.jpg

Rudder Servo.jpg

Tail Servos.jpg

Tony

Staff member
just so you guys know, and I'm only posting this for information, this plane is actually meant to fly on a 2s pack and use a single aileron servo to keep weight down. 3s and dual aileron is going to make it quite heavy. Can't wait to see how they fly!

wolfman76

Oops didn't realize that so use to having dual aileron servos...just have to figure out where to put my 3s 2200mah pack since it is all i have right now..

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, you will fold the wings with a 2200 3s, it's way too heavy. This plane is made to use a 1000mah 2s with a high kv motor made for 2s. If you make it work, I want to see video!

wolfman76

Will have to do some brainstorming possibly mount sideways under wing close to middle for balance and also to use length of the pack as extra wing support... What do you think

wolfman76

Lol Yup... Thinking possibly carbon rod through wing or maybe strip of light ply.. Will be swinging A 11"x4.7 prop

Last edited:

EyeStation

Well I wondered why all of us chose these 3 cell batteries to run. It was called out on the parts list within the plans. I knew three of us could not make the same mistake, lol.
I brought mine to work today to get a weight with everything installed. A whopping 20 Oz. Not to bad, me thinks.
So, if we stay with this 3S setup, should we consider changing props? What if I got a 1700 kV instead of the 1300 kV installed? (and I do). Different Prop then?
Not thread jacking I hope.

Top Bottom