My RC Planes and Quadqopters.

Mkrusz98284

I started out with a small Cub S. It's a great trainer plane but not with any wind over 5.mph. I lost two of them due to mother nature. So far number three has never crashed. The small battery has something to be desired though. They did a great job on the foam. It doesn't want to come back down.

Then I went with a KA-8 Sailplane using a high start. After close to twenty launches I noticed the left wing was taking the most damage. That was due to the surgical tubing twisting, sending it down the line of string to the plane. A fishing spinner should take care of that. that. Also there is no gyro but I have put one in the plane because it has zero dihedral lift on the wings. It's winter so I have plenty of time for repairs.

After that I thought I would give a drone a try. The Dromida Ominus quad copter. There intresting controls. Very fun inside or out but not in the wind. I lost one a good 600 feet away in a cow pasture. There small and hard to see.

I have a Sport Cub BNF with AS3X® Technology in the mail for next spring. It should be fun.

Cheers, Michael

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Michael, a flight simulator would help you keep in practice until the good weather arrives.

Diver9543

I agree with Keith on keeping current using a flight simulator. There are some real good simulators you can try.

Jerry

Mkrusz98284

I also like keeping my old computers alive with scrap. The videos of the simulators are poor quality and that was a thought though. The specs for the OS and SIM have to be a match. XP 32 bit. I have simulators that use a force feed back joy stick with rudder but not a transmitter that is usb2. If you have a good link for one that's a all in one package I'll give it a close look. Thanks for the suggestion.

M.K.

Admiral

Clear View will run on windows XP the other requirements are listed in the FAQ, it works well for Planes & Helicopters.

I use Heli-X6 for Quads, but I doubt that will run on XP, but you could try the Demo version.

Last edited:

Diver9543

I have found a good sim that is still being developed and available while they are working on it, Liftoff. It did cost me $20, but to me it is well worth it. It is designed more for FPV and racing/freestyle for quads. I also enjoy Phoenix flight sim. I have a Apprentice S 15e and flying the one in Phoenix was the selling point for me. Now tomorrow when I maiden flight it I'll see if it holds true. Good luck and safe flying.

Jerry

Top Bottom