My obsession with R/C aircraft

Hello. I joined this forum to get advice building my T-Rexs. I have 2 blades, 4 blades, and a 5 blade I'm trying to assemble.

Hopefully the members here can help.

Smoggie

I'm sure lots of help will be forthcoming if you can provide all the details of the helis in question and the exact problem you are having.

As a general guide, the Align manuals are quite good, so if you follow them meticulously step by step you will have a functional heli by the last turn of the page.

Last edited:
I bought my helicopters assembled but they never flew. I downloaded all the manual and started doing just that.
I was flying a Dynam GeeBee Sportster 1200mm and a FMS P51D 1400mm.
I decided to try out helicopters and here I am.
DSC_0382.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0005.jpg

My Align Dominator Pro DFC

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Diver9543

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have always enjoyed taking things apart and figuring out how they worked. Good luck on your adventure.

Jerry

Skyskipper

Before you get those 4 and 5 blade rotors you had better check how much torque that main blade is generating. I bought the last of the 4 blade rear mounts. I'm putting together a 4 blade first and if the rudder can't handle it I'm putting on some oversized blades before switching the head. What size Rex you running? I have 450s.

Another problem I had was the connecting pitch linkage. I spun up the motor and they bent like pretzels. I switched to 4-40 rods but I have not had it out yet.

Good luck.

Admiral

I agree with Skyskipper you may not have enough tail authority with the two bladed tail rotor, I put four of the same blades on an EC145 and had very little tail authority, I tried to find a four bladed tail assembly without success and ended up putting 500 size tail blades on, which I could do because the EC145 has a raised tail.

Tony

Staff member
That 5 blade looks like the SE V2. As stated, you are going to need a 4 blade tail in order to counter the massive load that main head is going to give. Also, those are plastic scale blades so you won't have much pop when it comes to punch outs and such. But if you are going to put a fuse on it, it may just give you that scale flight feel over carbon blades.

Can't wait to see them done.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

That 5 blade looks like the SE V2. As stated, you are going to need a 4 blade tail in order to counter the massive load that main head is going to give. Also, those are plastic scale blades so you won't have much pop when it comes to punch outs and such. But if you are going to put a fuse on it, it may just give you that scale flight feel over carbon blades.

Can't wait to see them done.

Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

Thanks Tony,

Those blades I tried were not a problem as I didn't get off the ground to see how they would react. I ran up the throttle and the pitch linkage rods twisted like a pretzel. I switched to 4-40 rods and bought 325mm blades because those that I have on there look too faglie.
I put that one on the back burner because I picked up 3 Align 450L Dominators for a song and dance. Now that I have them I am hearing that I should replace the 3GX gyros. I'm going to setup one to see how it reacts.
Expect a lot of questions.

Frank

Tony

Staff member
Bring it on Frank, that is what we are here for. But yes, the 3GX is like a crazy ex-girlfriend, some days they are okay to be around, but most of the time, you want to toss them through a plate glass window lmao.

Need some advice. I'm wiring an Align T-Rex 450L Dominator and when I shut off the transmitter (Spektrum DX7) my Main motor spools to the top and I need to disconnect the battery to stop it. An I think it is spinning backward because the tail rotor does not spin. I'm using a Spektrum AR8000 and a 3GX. I disconnected the motor and hung a different one off to the side to be safe.

Tony

Staff member
Always disconnect the battery BEFORE shutting off the Tx. If the helicopter is plugged in, then the Tx should be turned on. Only cheap chinese quads require you to turn the quad on before the Tx and I wish they would stop that crap. It's teaching people bad habits.

And the main rotor should spin clockwise if looking down on it.

Top Bottom